• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

recommend a Thai resto on yonge/bloor

TRO

TRIBE Member
besides spring rolls and salad king...for tonight...

decent price range(student like but good/casual enough for a nice dinner date)

tankz

Originally posted by deevah
DON'T GO TO FRIENDLY THAI (cuz i'm boycotting it!)
The manager of that place (Roger Kanarajah) was a former boss of mine when I worked in finance. That fucker has ruined everything he's touched. Flip him the bird if you make eye contact with him.

Don't know if he's still running that place, but go to the one on Queen Street if you're going to go to that chain.

TRO

TRIBE Member
will do it's just a thing for my girlfriend...the things guys gotta do to get some when you've been seeing the same girl for a long time:p

deevah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
The manager of that place (Roger Kanarajah) was a former boss of mine when I worked in finance. That fucker has ruined everything he's touched. Flip him the bird if you make eye contact with him.

Don't know if he's still running that place, but go to the one on Queen Street if you're going to go to that chain.
queen one doesn't deliver to my place :p

but ya, he's pissed me off a few times w/ my order and i just finally said fuck it

littlejon

TRIBE Member
banana leafs in roy square is a personal favourite.
not exactly a date hotspot, but the owners have only just enough english to make things most entertaining.

if you go at lunch they have a kid in there that has strong english, so he can tell the cooks what it is you were trying to get across with hand gestures and drawing pictures.

'o! you like a spicy spicy!'

alma

TRIBE Member
(hopefully not too late – or for next time) for atmosphere, and a good tom yam soup, maybe try Indochine. It's on Collier St which is the first street north of the reference library, two or three doors E of Yonge. It has an orange sign. Mamma's Pizza is on the corner.

Banana Leafs is good, too, as is Saigon Sister – I second littlejon + Vincent Vega.