• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

recommend a spot for a dude to get a cheap haircut

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
that friend of mine who is in town on an internship (read: making shite money) keeps asking me to find out stuff for him. ah well, so i turn to el tribo.

can anyone recommend a spot for him to get a haircut on the cheap, downtown Toronto, somewhere easily accessible via ttc kind of ting.

he knows about the top cuts or whatever those cheapie places are called, and that's all good, but can anyone recommend a particular one of those, like a specifric First Choice Cuts or Top Cuts location? or some barber shop that you like?

i'm at a loss.
i'm a girl and i don't scrimp on my haircuts, and my bf is bald so we can't help him much lol.

Last edited:

futronic

TRIBE Member
Terminal Barber at Bay/Dundas. I've been going there for 6 years, and they're great. They even do straight-razor shaves.

$17 for the cut.

-- Jay aka Fut

Babes

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ndrwrld
top cuts...st clair and bathurst.
14 with tip...excellent job.
I think there is also a location on Spadina (west side) just south of Bloor beside the beer store.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
just tell him to take a walk around any ol street corner.
yeah, he's being difficult. wants an actual recommendation, for what it's worth.
anyway, lots of help in this thread - much appreciated!

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
George Brown College - Casa Loma
They have hair dressing students there. It was pretty cheap when i was at that Campus... just over $3, so it's probably $4 by now.

Carter

TRIBE Member
Gus the other Barber. A few doors west of Bathurst on the north side of Bloor. Cheap and they'll give you a hot shave.

scott

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by futronic
Terminal Barber at Bay/Dundas. I've been going there for 6 years, and they're great. They even do straight-razor shaves.

$17 for the cut.

-- Jay aka Fut
Word. Too bad Valentino fucked off to Costa Rica. He was a dude.
The new guy (skinny balding guy) seems alright though. He seems to know when I feel like talking and when I want him to just shut the fuck up and cut my hair. Only had him two or three times so far though.

Unfortunately since the new owners took over, they got rid of all their Playboys and Penthouses.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by scott
Word. Too bad Valentino fucked off to Costa Rica. He was a dude.
whew...would have been the first time ive heard of a ' dudette ' named valentino.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ndrwrld
top cuts...st clair and bathurst.
14 with tip...excellent job.
When I lived at Bath/St. Clair, that is where I normally went, while it wasnt super-duper-amazing-job, it was a well done job, and good for the price you pay.

I've paid far more for far worse haircuts at other places before.