• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Recommend a Provincial park with a great swimming beach

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
This year my girlfriend and I are checking out as many Ontario provincial parks as we can. She is looking to kayak while I am looking to treasure hunt swimming beaches (or swimming holes).

We have visited a few and some excellent ones are worth mentioning:

Turkey Point Provincial Park has nice campgrounds and awesome beaches are nearby.

We were especially taken by Silent Lake Provincial Park, where the camping areas have a backwoods vibe, and the main swimming beach is in an amazing protected cove that you have to walk down a hill to discover.

Do you TRIBErs have any recommendations of Ontario Parks I should check out?

I am looking for smaller beaches, where the swimmers swim close together, not spread out over Kilometers like at sandbanks or Wasaga..

Would appreciate the suggestions,

Liability

TRIBE Member
I would suggest Rockwood or Balsalm lake to meet your criteria. They are both nice beaches that are relatively small.

This year my girlfriend and I are checking out as many Ontario provincial parks as we can. She is looking to kayak while I am looking to treasure hunt swimming beaches (or swimming holes).

We have visited a few and some excellent ones are worth mentioning:

Turkey Point Provincial Park has nice campgrounds and awesome beaches are nearby.

We were especially taken by Silent Lake Provincial Park, where the camping areas have a backwoods vibe, and the main swimming beach is in an amazing protected cove that you have to walk down a hill to discover.

Do you TRIBErs have any recommendations of Ontario Parks I should check out?

I am looking for smaller beaches, where the swimmers swim close together, not spread out over Kilometers like at sandbanks or Wasaga..

Would appreciate the suggestions,

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
I've never been to Sandbanks but my cousins and neighbours talked about it like it was the magical Narnia of parks.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

catilyst

TRIBE Member
So many fit that description.

Awenda, Arrowhead, Finlayson etc, pretty much any of the car camping spots in Algonquin.

The prettiest beach I've seen so far in a provincial park would be Achray.

ninja

TRIBE Member
Juan de Fuca Provincial Park

Its likely a little far from Ontario but I've always enjoyed Sombrio Beach along the Juan de Fuca Trail (In Juan de Fuca PP). Good Surfing. Waterfalls near by and great views. Close to Victoria which makes an easy day trip.