1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Recommend a good Podcast

Discussion in 'Sports' started by StarvinMarvin, Apr 21, 2010.

1. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

Hey there folks just wondering if anyone knows of any good podcasts to listen to out there.

I currently listen to PTI & Around The Horn from ESPN but I was wondering if there is any others worth taking a listen too.

Thanks

2. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

Prime Time Sports (PTS)

I used to listen to PTI, but stopped because they spend too much time on the NBA and US College Sports.

3. StarvinMarvin

is PTS the one from the Fan590?

4. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

yes

5. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

One more vote for PTS.

Also, for a laugh, check out Tim & Sid Uncut

6. OutcastTO

OutcastTO TRIBE Member

ESPN's "the Sports Guy" podcasts have good guests and are pretty funny

7. Rage

Rage TRIBE Member

ESPN's Mike & Mike...pretty good...I love PTI & Around the Horn...wish they all weren't such haters of MMA though.

8. StarvinMarvin

wow Tim & Sid is hilarious

I was dying at work today people thought I was crazy

9. smack

smack TRIBE Member

I listen to the BS Report (Bill Simmons - ESPN). He'll talk about a wide range of sports topics as well as pop culture so it's pretty entertaining and usually good for a laugh.

10. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

11. StarvinMarvin

12. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

if anyone has the time, like I do, start from the beginning and then you'll be privy to all the inside jokes. ENGAGE!

They do a live stream with video every Wednesday night, and you can call in for the games and stuff, they do some really great games(strip club or hair salon?, glitches in the matrix, "Ugh ohh ah ya" - name that tune. I have been on the show quite a few times through the years, fun stuff.

If anyone is into poker, the WSOP just started and these guys do a bunch of other podcasts related to that at Poker Radio, Podcasts, Videos and Blogs from PokerRoad

Usually its Gavin Smith and Joe Sebok hosting, Huff and Stapes do a lot of work for that site too. download all EUGENETODDBRO ones, that guys is the stone cold nuts!

13. StarvinMarvin

I just went back and started on all the old ones from January of this year.....gotta check how far back this goes

great frikin answer on Van Halen for "ugh ya ohh ah" game...

14. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

Thanks! lol. They are on hiatus while Scott Huff gets married (ENGAGE!) They should be back in a couple weeks. I think its about 3 years old now, lots of shows to catch up on! Also make sure you check out for sure any ones with Asterious Kokanos, that guy is HILARIOUS!

15. StarvinMarvin

for sure, I checked out the website and they go back as far as 2007 going to start downaloading tonight....too good

16. danielablau

danielablau TRIBE Promoter

Tim and Sid is hands down the best I've heard

17. StarvinMarvin

Tim & Sid is awesome for sports podcasts forsure they crack me up big time

man I barely listen to music anymore I just go through podcasts all day

ESPN Radio
    Mike & Mike
    Around The Horn
    Pardon The Interruption
    NBA Today
    BS Report
    Tim&Sid
    TSN
    and only if I make it through all the others at work I listen to Prime Time Sports

Two Jacks is by far the best non sports podcast out there

18. toney

toney TRIBE Member

Wow - what a find this thread is .. thanks guys - gona check it

In WSOP news Looks like Formula1 winner Theo Jorgensenis leading the pack at the main event with only 78 players left ... pretty amazing

19. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

The poker beat on pokerroad is a good one to for poker news live from vegas. Also in wsop news, the Grinder is 2nd...he needs to win, and he gets player of the year, quite the turnaround. Also pulling for Jean Robert Bellande, his twitter is hilarious, to many retweets lately though.

20. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

Substitue Fantasy Foucus and Baseball today with the BS report and NBA and that's my podcast schedule each day at work.

21. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Pft - SModcast owns them all.