• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Recommend a good mac OS X book

dg0425

TRIBE Member
I've been forced to switch to a G5 at work and find simple things slowing me down. I don't react well to change. Anyways I guess I should go out and buy and book and learn how to use this hunk of steel. Anyone know of a good OS X book?

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
I just picked up the Mac OSX for dummies, but I wish i had read the oreilly book instead. And i still might :)

I found the switch from windows hard at first, but now I can't imagine ever working on anything but a mac again.

UR

TRIBE Member
Temper Tantrum said:
I found the switch from windows hard at first, but now I can't imagine ever working on anything but a mac again.
ditto, I have troubles now when I get in front of a pc.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
You can also post questions so that us experienced mac users can help out so you don't need to buy a book. But its always good to have a reference when you need to figure something out right away.

dig this

TRIBE Member
here's a tip: when you're trying to do something but can't figure it out, the answer is easier than you think. usually drag & drop.... i dunno how many times i would search on line or in the help menus only to come to the conclusion: "oh.... that's all i had to do?"... i think coming from a windows environment trains you to do complicated work-arounds to accomplish simple tasks.