• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Recommend a dance studio

Soulster

TRIBE Member
Hiya! I have been wanting to take hip hop classes for a looooong time. I'd preferably like to start with a drop in class before i get into it.

stipulations:
- good for beginners, but not where you're dancing with 13 year-olds.
- not mucho expensive
- preferrably located either around the downtown biz district (where i work) or college street west (where i live)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
i'm in too.
i found a place last year that was amazing and had sunday classes. trying to remember the name- give me a day ladies...i'm on it.

:)

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
dance teq, ladies:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/danceteq/sched.html

i know some people who go there (not for hip hop, mind!) and they really like it. it's in the studios where the national ballet rehearse. i have not yet been, been meaning to check it out, as it's close-ish to me and reasonably priced.

a quick glance of the schedule tells me there is beginner hip hop on saturdays at 12:30 and tuesdays at 6:45.

prices at the bottom of the page.

Cri

TRIBE Member
saturdays are good for me!!!!!

There is no way I can make tuesdays for another 8 weeks. PLS PICK SAT!!! :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Soulster

TRIBE Member
i'm good for saturdays (as long as i don't hit it too hard on friday nights.) ;)

let's see who else wants to come.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I go to National ballet of Canada... awesome class - they say it's for beginners, but it definitely isn't.
It's $12 per class (if you buy a set of 10) or $15 for singles.
It's every Tuesday at 6:30.

Lucie Tic

TRIBE Member
www.oipdance.com

It's located right downtown and has a great hip hop class on monday nights taught by two women and on wednesday they do an intro to hip hop class to set you up for an intermediate old school hip hop class right after. The space is great check out the site!

lucinda

TRIBE Member
I wish my boyfriend would take dance lessons with me. I really wanna learn how to *properly* dance ballroom style. I can fake it but wanna learn the proper steps.
On another note, my Mom's fiance says that old ladies join the Arthur Murray dance studio so that they can be held. Interesting

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lucie Tic

TRIBE Member
lori, you most definately want to check out the harbourfront centre which is on granville st. right down town.

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
girls, my friend called today and told me about a dance class she takes.

It's a hip hop work out class.through goodlife i think. on queen and......cant think of the street.

Friday (tomorrow) at 630pm. something like 13$ i believe. she goes each week and loves it. she has a dance background but says it's not too difficult for people starting out

Im going tomorrow, if anyone is interested in getting more details let me know.
il be calling her tomorrow.