1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Recommend A Comedian

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by case sensitive, Feb 22, 2008.

1. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

Episode 2 is outrageous.

2. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

Dave Chappelle's two new Netflix stand-up specials are okay, but nothing more than that. I appreciated his Bill Cosby commentary. I laughed harder during most of Louis CK's Netflix specials.

I definitely do NOT think $60,000,000 is a good investment for three hour-long stand-up routines. That would pay for an entire season of a high-end show like GAME OF THRONES.

3. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Dave can do no wrong in my eyes, watched 1 last night, it was good. It would be really great to see fresh material though

4. Littlest Hobo

Littlest Hobo TRIBE Member

I saw part 1 Chappelle last night. It was better than I thought it was going to be but not as good as previous stuff. He looks like hell and sounds like hell, he needs to take better care of himself (this is rich coming from me).

I am surprised he has not caught shit yet for his Bill Cosby commentary or his rape jokes (that was a funny bit), or his LBGTQ jokes.

5. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

i tried to watch it on youtube but they slowed it down so it sounded all fucked up and made his voice sound odd
    same with aziz ansaari

wish tj miller had more sets out

6. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

some of my FB pals are livid at those jokes.
    Dude has put on 40 pounds ...of muscle. I'd say he's probably far healthier now than he's ever been.

7. Littlest Hobo

Littlest Hobo TRIBE Member

I had a second look and I was wrong. He looks more jacked but he looked burnt out in face region.

8. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

probably the result of green room shenanigans

9. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

he takes shots at everyone with no filter. the jokes weren`t harsh, why were they all upset

10. basketballjones

they were filmed 2 years apart. if your friends were so upset, tell them to stop watching comedy and go protest at a university.

they were pretty good but bill burr, jefferies, miller and ck have passed him by

he also sounds like he could quit smoking. looks like he is doing juice and doesnt have the same stage presence as when he was a skinny bastard

if you listen he is questioning how the lgtbq's are getting so much love yet the blacks after all of these years are still treated like shit and killed for the color of their skin. your friends need to broaden their scope if they cant see that

11. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

awe man, Don Rickles just died. Dude was king in my books. RIP.

12. basketballjones

jim jefferies tickets on sale tomorrow for nov. gonna get me some

13. basketballjones

what are some good comedy clubs in toronto?

14. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

Just follow JamesM around.
    Steer clear of Special K...kids dude. kids.

15. basketballjones

16. oh toro

oh toro TRIBE Member

17. dabeats

dabeats TRIBE Member

18. basketballjones

bill burr at jfl obtained. saw him last year
    good times will be had
    also got jeffereies tickets

Bernnie Federko likes this.
  19. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

Jerry Lewis, dead at 91.

20. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

some really gnarly stuff coming down the pipe about Louis CK.

21. basketballjones

anyone doing jfl this year? got bill burr as the headliner friday, going for a plane ride over the city with the gf followed by jenny slate saturday and kyle kinane sunday so far

22. oh toro

oh toro TRIBE Member

bill burr saturday

basketballjones likes this.
  23. basketballjones

thought there would be more ppl attending this

24. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

On the fence, work is HORRIBLE for next 90 days

Anyone catch Kevin Griffin's standup special from last month or so?

I may have been a little more doped up than usual, but at the apex of one particularly hilarious sequence of jokes

...i peed a little

25. basketballjones

bill burr slayed. so good
    went to see jenny slate last night. wow, she fucking stunk out loud. we ended up leaving, she was so bad i left a full beer behind. hopefully kyle kinane is better tonight