• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

recomend a wicked BBQ restaurant in MONTREAL

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
i am dying for saucy, tasty BBQ!!!
anyone know a place in montreal for great ribs, steaks, burgers, chicken or whatever?

Lurker

TRIBE Member
There's some great burgers to be had in the Berri / Mont Royal area. The little place I live above makes some great burgers (Les Folies). L'Avenue also makes mean burgers...they're better than Les Folies but a bit more expensive.

I think L'Avenue has ribs on their menu as well, but I've never had them.

Steaks, if you have someone else's money to spend, Queue du Cheval (sp?) apparently has amazing steaks, as does Moishe's. I've never had either though :(

Balzz was almost drooling when he was telling me about the Queue du Cheval steak he had.

La Raclette (Christophe Coulomb & Gilford) makes a mean beef tenderloin. Their whole menu is awesome.

Cheers,

Paul

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
Lurker said:
There's some great burgers to be had in the Berri / Mont Royal area. The little place I live above makes some great burgers (Les Folies). L'Avenue also makes mean burgers...they're better than Les Folies but a bit more expensive.

I think L'Avenue has ribs on their menu as well, but I've never had them.

Steaks, if you have someone else's money to spend, Queue du Cheval (sp?) apparently has amazing steaks, as does Moishe's. I've never had either though :(

Balzz was almost drooling when he was telling me about the Queue du Cheval steak he had.

La Raclette (Christophe Coulomb & Gilford) makes a mean beef tenderloin. Their whole menu is awesome.

Cheers,

Paul
sweet
thanks

Lurker

TRIBE Member
I highly recommend La Raclette.

Bring your own wine, Swiss-esque menu with lots of cheese and great meat dishes. It's a prix fixe menu, but it has a "large" and "small" option (small doesn't include dessert or one of the appetizers I think).

Monday to Wednesday you could likely walk in and be seated but Thursday - Saturday I would make reservations.

It's on the northwest corner, there's no sign. It looks like a house.

Paul

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

RedInMtl

TRIBE Member
For chicken it's no contest: Chalet BBQ!!! Corner Decarie and Sherbrooke....best in montreal for over 50 years....

Try Magnan for Prime Rib.....unbeleiveable!!!! not really BBQ but again..best in Mtl...

Burgers try Mondo Frites on St. Laurent (beside Schwartz). Amazing burgers and hot dogs over a foot long. Homemade fries and various homemade flavored mayo's for dipping. Delicious!

Last edited: