• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

reccomend me some 70's-80's horror flicks

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
looking for some cultish horror from that era...love most that comes out of the 70's like don't look now and the wickerman so I'm def. in the mood for something along those lines...been in a wicked horror movie mode for a few weeks now and need more!

thanks in advance:)

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
should have mentioned I've seen A LOT;)

that's a great one though...along with black christmas and videodrome it goes down as thee best of Canadiana

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
Have you seen 'The Changeling'? 80's flick with George C. Scott?

It kinda shifts gears into something of a detective story 2/3 of the way through but the first bit is classic (if a bit dated) ghosty.

Edit: Canadian too! Montreal I think...

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
^^lance henrickson is the DON!...should watch near dark soon too

yeah I've seen every croney flick but only half of the BROOD...maybe I'll grab that as well

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I've been on the hunt for a DVD release of 'Chopping Mall', it's a great 80's horror about a bunch of surly teens who get trapped in a mall overnight that is of course patrolled by robots who are on a mission to blow up some heads with lasers.

Top shelf stuff, really.

Originally posted by Hal-9000
Have you seen 'The Changeling'? 80's flick with George C. Scott?

It kinda shifts gears into something of a detective story 2/3 of the way through but the first bit is classic (if a bit dated) ghosty.

Edit: Canadian too! Montreal I think...
Amazing film. Not many people have seen this. The medium scene was one helluva creepy moment.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Buddy Holly
The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Evil Dead
never heard of them;)

looking for anything foriegn...highsteppa, any Italian horror other than the americanized Romero or Argento stuff?

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
James, if you haven't already got into the Italian zombie stuff, you need to get on it. Lucio Fulci is simply one of the most badass horror directors of all time.

He made 'Zombie' which is this total atmospheric slowburn of a zombie movie that features an underwater fights scene with a shark and zombie. It's aces.

His BEST flick though is The Beyond, you've gotta check it out. Gates of Hell is pretty wicked too.