• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

rebuilt computer question

kuba

TRIBE Member
So my roommate rebuilt my computer. What he did was re-install XP and also he had to replace the HD on the laptop.

now, I have a problem, and I don't want to keep bugging him.

The resolution on the screen is not what it used to be. it's stretched, and blurry. Also, when surfing the web, the page doesn't scroll down but instead, is very choppy.

Do I need to install drivers for the video card, and if so, how do I figure out which ones?

Vise

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
Do I need to install drivers for the video card, and if so, how do I figure out which ones?
That sounds like the problem to me... if its a laptop I'd go to the manufacturers site and download the video driver package for your machine. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

randyval

TRIBE Member
yep sounds like video drivers to me.
the latest drivers are usually a good bet(depending how old the card)
what kind of laptop is it?

zoo

TRIBE Member
the manufacturer of your laptop will have the specs listed for your particular model, and usually offers driver downloads for most/all of the hardware

your friend didn't mess anything up, he just didn't finish the job because he is an amateur :p

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders