• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Reality Bites

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Bought a toothbrush, some toothpaste, a flannel for my face
Pajamas, a hairbrush, new shoes and a case.
I said to my reflection, Let's get out of this place.

Tempted by the fruit of another
Tempted but the truth is discovered
What's been going on
Now that you have gone
There's no other
Tempted by the fruit of another
Tempted but the truth is discovered

Squeeze - Tempted

This movie fucking rocks. I remember watching this movie over and over and OVER again - when i graduated from high school and couldn't wait to get the fuck outta whereever I was. I was so obsessed with it that I used to be able to recite the entire movie.

I fell in love with Troy Dyer - Ethan Hawke's character. He epitomized the kind of guy I hopelessly searched for in the following years - smart, lazy, jobless, incredibly intelligent and totally hot. And totally heartbreaking. :(

Troy: See Lainy, this is all we need. A couple of smokes, a cup of coffee, and a little bit of conversation. You and me and five bucks.

Troy: What is it that you want from me, huh? You want me to get a job on the line for the next 20 years til I'm granted leave with my gold-plated watch and my balls full of tumors because I surrendered the one thing that means shit to me. Well you can just exhale because its not gonna happen, not in this lifetime.

Anyone else feel an inexplicable attachment to this movie?

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
I only saw it once, and I think I hated it. I'm not a big Winona Ryder OR Ethan Hawke fan, though I did like Stiller and Garafalo.

BBB.

Tempted by the fruit of your mother.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
My roommates and I lived of his dad's gas card for a while when we lived in Vancouver. Food, gas, money. We put it all on there.

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Libradragon
I hopelessly searched for in the following years - smart, lazy, jobless, incredibly intelligent and totally hot. And totally heartbreaking. :(
I know a guy just like that! ;)

j/k

Ming.

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
Good movie Libra. :)

I'm also partial to Empire Records & Dazed & Confused.

But...that's a different thread.

haha

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

mcbee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Libradragon
Anyone else feel an inexplicable attachment to this movie?
totally:D

we watched it so many times in university, we wore out the tape.

:)sarah

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
And this is when I *fell* in love:

Troy: I might do mean things and hurt you and I might run away without your permission and you might hate me forever and I know that scares the shit out of you because I'm the only real thing that you have.

Cheeka

TRIBE Member
Wicked movie Nom's!!!!
I don't think I loved it nearly as much as you though.
but I agree with the Ethan Hawke thing.
he's totally the dreamy boy that always ends up sucking at the end.
stupid boys!!!

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Classic, I like the stereo scene, for some reason I could always picture someone doing that...

Kyfe

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Cheer Bear
Good movie Libra. :)

I'm also partial to Empire Records & Dazed & Confused.

But...that's a different thread.

haha

Empire Records made me wish I could go back in time and take back what that brutal movie stole from me.

I liked Reality Bites, but there was no connection. However, if I'd known that being lazy and jobless was irresistable to the ladies I'd have quit my job a long time ago.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mr tall

Empire Records made me wish I could go back in time and take back what that brutal movie stole from me.

I liked Reality Bites, but there was no connection. However, if I'd known that being lazy and jobless was irresistable to the ladies I'd have quit my job a long time ago.
No Graham! No! Empire Records is GOOD. :)

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Reality Bites...........................oh god.......by far my most favorite movie of my teenage life............

I guess it helped that I was in love with a guy who I thought looked just like Ethan Hawk.

That kiss he's gives Wynona....................like butta..............oh baby.........mmm, I'm dreaming of it now

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
other crucial "must see while growing up" movies:

- THE BREAKFAST CLUB
- ST. ELMO'S FIRE
- DEAD POET'S SOCIETY
bingo bango :) also add to the list...

say anything
some kind of wonderful

jc

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Dear Mr. Vernon,

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it is that we did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are.

You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is . . . A brain. And an athlete. And a basket case. A princess. And a criminal.

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours,

The Breakfast Club.

*don't you ... da da da da dun ... forget about me ... don't don't don't don't ... don't you ...*

paris

TRIBE Member
"why don't you work at Macdonald..I saw some retarded boy working there the other day. But mom I was valedictorian of my University!! well, you don't have to put that on your resume now?"

LOL!! well, something on the lines of that !:rolleyes:

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
And you know why that movie is so good?

Cause Cameron wears a RED WINGS jersey in it. (that was for you Toby)

:p

atomic

TRIBE Member
rb was a good movie. when it came out it was perfect timing for the times (when the angst of grunge was in full effect) and for the time in my life. (I think I was still in college and not ready to be a cog)

I haven't seen it since, but I'm thinking I may not be able to identify with it as much now. I don't have the patience for whiny self-indulgent characters.

*ducks*

cheers,
a

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cheer Bear

good call Will.
definitely an awesome call...

:) (makes me want to go home & watch movies...)

john

ps watch out for about a boy...although it's featuring hugh grant it is based on the book by nick hornby...pretty funny book & the movie is supposed to be a sleeper hit this summer...kind of fits in with those other movies of my [cough]older[/endcough] generation...grosse pointe blank, high fidelity, swingers

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders