• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

REAL chinese food with MOFO

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
It happened a while ago that I was working in Tianjin, China.

The thing I really wanted was that guy, who could speak English and some variant of chinese......

Oh he was so cute...

me> "Take me to a real Chinese restaurant."
"Adam"> "I'm not sure if you'd like it.?"

So he took me somewhere and of course I could NOT read anything on the menu. So I asked "Adam" for suggestions.

When we sat down, they ripped a layer of plastic off the table. The trash went onto the floor, with the previous trash. I used the washroom, there was a pile of paper and feces about 1m tall circumnavigating a hole in the floor.

On my return there was a great presentation of hot oil, red chillies, and fish. Absofuckingly delicious.

I told "Adam" how tasty it was and how unusual it was for me as a Canadian. We went to a frigate and I kissed him deeply. I am certain he enjoyed that.

And ever since I have been looking for real Chinese food; not the stir fry crap that you get on every corner.

So, MoFo told me about "Dumpling Queen" at Yonge and Charles.

Do you know of a more authentic Chinese place? I don't need the boy, I just need the oil and fish and chillies.

-jM
A&D

Stop Bill C-10