• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Re: Rumblefish by ToneDepth

RyanMarcus

TRIBE Member
I'm rather interested in hearing people's opinions about this track. I've been absolutely in love with it since I first heard Digweed play it in his LoveWeekend EssentialMix. This was, of course, about six months ago (damn I hate waiting so long for tracks to get released!), and at the time, neither myself or anyone posting tracklistings had any idea what it was. In any case, since I first heard it back then, it's probably been my favourite track, and I would definitely consider it to be among my top five all time. I doubt I am alone in saying this either.

This track is pure quality. The haunting male vocal is second to none, and when the beat kicks back in after the break -- wow.
I can't get enough of it. Might this be Bedrock's biggest release to date? I know I am putting it up against HeavenScent here, which also ranks in my top five all time, but I think Rumblefish is that good. Anyone have any thoughts?

And no, I am not saying that Rumblefish will outperform HeavenScent as far as sales are concerned, or have the same kind of legacy, but merely that I think it might be a better track.
Mind you, this does bring some external variables into the picture too, like HeavenScent being what, three, four years old now?
Anyway, tell me what you think.

Regardless, props to ToneDepth for producing such an amazing track (and they're from Montreal too!).

Lexicon

TRIBE Member
Great track.
As a matter of fact, it was in the Tone Depth 'Event Horizon' EP released about 1 to 1.5 yrs ago. But that was a Dub, no vocals. Still good though. All their production are really crisp.
There are a couple of tracks in that EP which are really good. 'Majestic' was one of the tracks which stand out.
Check the EP out if u can. It is on sporadic grooves.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
The same Boston / Montreal crew behind Sporadic Groove are also putting out some sweet releases on Chug.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

RyanMarcus

TRIBE Member
thanks

Originally posted by Lexicon
Great track.
As a matter of fact, it was in the Tone Depth 'Event Horizon' EP released about 1 to 1.5 yrs ago. But that was a Dub, no vocals. Still good though. All their production are really crisp.
There are a couple of tracks in that EP which are really good. 'Majestic' was one of the tracks which stand out.

Thanks for that. Now I must begin the mission of tracking down a copy. :eek:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Lexicon
Great track.
Majestic is an extremely nice track, and funnily enough... It was also included on Paul Oakenfold's Another World CD.