• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RCMP getting paid to snowboard in Alberta....

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
... to catch weed smokers.

Canada's War on Pot Just Got Weirder

damn don't he look fabulous going down the slopes?

What a cush ass gig. Also, what an out of touch police service the RCMP are for actually doing this.

The officers, who are in uniform and carrying weapons, are focusing their attention on substance abuse on the chairlifts and gondolas.

“It’s going to deter people from bringing narcotics or have that second look of doing something on the ski hill because they know there is going to be a police presence,” said RCMP Cpl. Jeff Campbell, the detachment commander in Lake Louise. (…)

Two officers will be on patrol Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays as well as holidays including March break and Easter weekend. RCMP hope to expand the program once they have more officers certified.”

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
Canada's drug policy, firmly looking backwards - not forwards...

Can't wait for the upper shelf generations to just go ahead and move onto the next realm, demography and time are on the pot smoker's side...

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
I have a feeling I could outrun most cops on a snowboard.

I actually saw a cop on skis at Big White a few years ago. I just missed clipping him when I came flying out of the trees like an asshole. He probably would have been better going after me for that then wasting time bothering pot heads.

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
I'm not involved with skiing/snowboarding culture, but I would assume that dope smokers would be pretty easy to catch because they'd be caught getting high under a tree on the slopes, instead of going down it?

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
Most people smoke on the chair lift or dip out of bounds. They should set up a sting for board and ski thieves, I could get behind that.

acheron

TRIBE Member
well perhaps these boarding pigs will sniff out some board thieves by accident...

'ello 'ello wotsallthisthen

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

nuttz

TRIBE Member
"While the RCMP ski patrol is a volunteer program,"

It's a volunteer job. I don't know why anyone would volunteer to wear that uniform hahahah

SJN

TRIBE Member
Years ago when Pierre Trudeau was the PM, his kids went to camp on the lake where my cottage is. There was an RCMP protection detail that spent the summer sitting on a boat in the middle of the lake suntanning. Always thought that would have been a pretty sweet gig.

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
I've lost track of the number of times I've gotten on a recently hot boxed gondola in BC. So they aren't wrong in that respect. Still a waste of time though.