1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

"rave culture has made significant moves toward the mainstream"

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by saskboy, Sep 24, 2010.

1. saskboy

saskboy TRIBE Member

latimes.com

or are those Euro synth beats that bleary?

2. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I just liek the last part.

3. Beings

Beings TRIBE Member

rap blows. blows even more on e.

Yeah, I be hating. Plur, my ass.

4. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

There's a rave going on right now, about a 1/2 block down the street from where I live - Marty McFly's on the bill!

It's fun seeing the jumbled hybrid that is today's rave fashion. Earlier, two kids walked by my place sporting what would probably thought of by someone older as grunge wear (worn black denim & black t-shirts), accompanied by a full forearm's worth of candy bracelets. Plenty of full-on candy kids, gravers and cyber-punk looking types, too.

5. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

Ughhh "Wearing a bulletproof vest after being convicted of a felony." Calling out ODB without even touching on the surrounding circumstances, proved to me this reporters idiocy.

6. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

what are the circumstances?

7. Krzysiu

Krzysiu TRIBE Member

escargot, my car go...

8. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

one sixty, swiftly...

9. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

10. xtc

xtc TRIBE Member

I wonder what the next drug fad will be. Maybe rappers will start rapping about angel dust or heroin. stuff like "syringe binges, see my tummy cringes, i grab the mic but not till I hit myself with a spike" something stupid like that.

11. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

pcp? its already been thru (well at least with the beastie boys)

all the fine ladies are makin a fuss...but i cant pay attention cuz i'm on that dust!

or "my manager's crazy he always smokes dust - hes got his own room at the back of the bus"

haha

12. dj_soo

dj_soo TRIBE Member

even though i've scaled back my terrible top 40 gigs the last year, I still do the occasional wedding or corporate gig that requires me to go through the billboard top 100 and update my mainstream collection.

did that today and everything new nowadays is basically shitty euro-trance with bad auto-tuned melodies and inane lyrics.

13. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

yes but are the groom's parents smoking pcp

14. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

but it's like best bro.. besssst

15. xtc

xtc TRIBE Member

can't forget Leak Bros.

YouTube - Leak Bros - Follow The Liters

16. Aleks

Aleks TRIBE Member

Definitely been noticing this phenomenon for the last five years...

I think it's great. Rappers on e are way more fun and entertaining than hip hop mceez that take themselves too seriously. Like when have u seen immortal technique make hot girls dance? lol

17. derek

derek TRIBE Member

that would be coming full circle.

more than few a few tracks in the 80s had some pcp/heroin conent.