• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

raptors Vs. pistons

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Tough call. Detroit is tough this year. They have a good team but if the Raptors play the way we all know they can, it's possible they could go all the way to the east final. They won't be gettin' by NJ however.

Wunderbar

TRIBE Member
In a word, and with respect to Gorilla Monsoon, this series will be a slobberknocker. Two very phsyical teams who don't particularly like each other will make for low scoring high intensity contests.

The Raptors have simply been on fire over the last stretch and go into the playoffs playing playoff calibre basketball. I think if Childs is healthy and Olajuwon shows that he's been saving his best game for when it counts, the Raptors have a chance to take it.

The Raps have a team of veterans who have tasted the playoffs before and know how to win. They are playing great defense and are taking much smarter shots on O.

Raps in 5!!!!!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

CC

TRIBE Member
so they won tonite? i watched part of the game and i was thinking they might lose... i missed the end

shawn

-Rudebwoy_Chin-

TRIBE Member
Hmmm...

I think Detroit has a lot of secondary players steppin up for them, like us, but... Their players are gonna choke, and everyone will step up for the raps, and its ova in fowah.
Bookah!

Wunderbar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Disco Stu
Pistons rule the world of basketball ... nuff said

stu
this isn't the era of dumars, rodman, zeke and lambier with chuck daly calling the plays. yeah this version of the pistons is decent , with ben wallace playing like a man possessed and STACK scoring his 25 per game but they are by no means unbeatable.

AD, Childs, Williams, MoPete. JYD, and the centre duo of eric montross and hakeem olajuwon will get the job done

CC

TRIBE Member
i have been so impressed with JYD lately. so under-rated. he's such a tough player when he gets in the grove and gets a chance to play

shawn

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

noahmintz

TRIBE Member
I predict you are all fired for liking the Raptors!
The Pistons are where it's at ... and where it's always been at!

stu

Che

TRIBE Member
JYD! JYD! WOOF WOOF!

Fuck, just got back from tonights game. Best game I've ever been to. Crowd was insane.

kate

TRIBE Member
I predict you are all fired for liking the Raptors!
The Pistons are where it's at ... and where it's always been at!

stu
SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIEHOLE BEFORE I COME OVER THERE AND MAKE SURE THAT DISCO STU DOESN'T "ADVERTISE" FOR THOSE ASSLIKING PISTONS ONCE MORE.

You're treading on thin ice, friend, I'm one empassioned woman when it comes to the raps, I cried in my car listening to AD address the crowd at the ACC tonight.

SO SHUT UP OR TAKE IT ELSEWHERE

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stormshadow
AD addressed the crowd?
What did he say?
thanked everyone for sticking by them during that awful -17 run...

Good luck to the Raps...they could go far if they keep gelling and putting up a solid defence...

I hope Carter chills till next season...it will be good for the team to attempt this without...will build character for the rest and prove that they can score without him.

As for Detroit...if you hold down both Stackhouse and Wallace then there is every chance.

noahmintz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kate

SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIEHOLE BEFORE I COME OVER THERE AND MAKE SURE THAT DISCO STU DOESN'T "ADVERTISE" FOR THOSE ASSLIKING PISTONS ONCE MORE.

You're treading on thin ice, friend, I'm one empassioned woman when it comes to the raps, I cried in my car listening to AD address the crowd at the ACC tonight.

SO SHUT UP OR TAKE IT ELSEWHERE
The Pistons owned the NBA before the way before the Raptors were ever around
Hell it was even a former Piston who helped the Raptors get on thier feet
So you best be watching what you say

stu

rentboy

TRIBE Member

The Pistons owned the NBA before the way before the Raptors were ever around
Hell it was even a former Piston who helped the Raptors get on thier feet
So you best be watching what you say

stu
stop living in the past Stu...now go back to the breaks room :D

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
The Raptors joined the 1996-97 Phoenix Suns and the 1976-77 Chicago Bulls as the only three teams in the history of the NBA, NHL and major league baseball to endure a 13-game losing streak and still advance to the postseason!

Holy shit what a game! The crowd at the ACC was so loud (and I was watching on TV) - and I'm so fucking happy for them - despite the naysayers and cynics out there.

Bring on Detroit - it'll be a tough and physical game, and we may not have a Ben Wallace on our team, but so what? 14 games ago we wouldn't even have IMAGINED making it to the playoffs without Vince.

Anything can happen, my friends. ANYTHING can happen. :)

Rosey

TRIBE Member
you know, i'm not much of a basketball fan, don't really care too much, but i watched most of last night's game and it was really intense. when mo pete (?) slamed it with about two minutes left i was up in my chair cheering.

:D GO RAPS!!!

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KickIT
S-corliss Williamson as he was known in Tdot will come back to bury us.

*c*
I have a feeling he'll be a big factor in the series....but hopefully the Raps can pull through. You never know, with the playoffs - it's a whole different game.

Can't wait...

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*