• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Raptors v. Pistons tonight...

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
I dunno. I really think if they stick their shots from outside the Raps can win this tonight.

The Detroit D is good, but it looked all the better in Game 1 cos they would collapse on anyone as soon as we put the ball into the post. They didn't have to respect the long bomb as we were tossing up bricks.

So, hopefully, if we hit some early threes tonight, we can get it done.

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Just warming up for the national anthem tonight. :)

Pete

p.s. NY Islanders fans also boo'd the Canadian Anthem last night.

JMan

TRIBE Member
I agree Giz - the key is rotating the basketball and hitting some shots. I think they can penetrate that D if they move the ball and create some angles. Also, take it to them - if they can lure Wallace out to block shots maybe we can win the battle of the boards.

JMan

Che

TRIBE Member
They should be driving to the net more instead of trying to hit so many outside shots. That way they're more likely to get some baskets and create some kind of comfortable lead. Its time for MP and JYD to step up again like they did in the last regular season game. Detroit isn't an easy place to play in so lets hope they put in that extra effort to make up for last game.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

CO2

TRIBE Member
Although the defensive boards seem to be run by the stellar Pistons defence, the offensive boards were owned by the Raps. The only problem is that they weren't scoring. If they had scored like were used to seeing them score, the game would have been much different.

Its not so much the Piston defence as it is the Raptors offence. Hopefully that will change tonight.

-Chris

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
You all should just sit fucking tight and wait for the game tonight.

They've had a few nights off to study the tapes of sunday's game - they WILL have a few surprises up their sleeves.

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Pffffffffffft, Detroit is not a home field advantage unless you consider the fact that the Pistons players only have to drive thier cars to get there. Theres gotta be a couple thousand Toronto fans in those seats. They didnt even have a full house for game one! Ingrates.

Mo Pete will bust out tonite, and Keon owes the team big time for his pathetic performance in game 1. Let us not forget the 4th quarter reverse jam that Stackhouse dropped. I demand payback for that insolence.

Go team.

Che

TRIBE Member
I still can't get over the fact that those Detroit fans were booing during the Canadian national anthem. No respect, considering whats happened lately. Then again they probably don't even have a clue.

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!

Who the fuk really cares that a bunch of clowns booed the national anthem. It was ignorant yes, but isn't that what Canadians are always saying about Americans? Besides they should be booing cause we are gonna kick their ass, and without VC. How would they ever live that down?

What you should be wrapping your head around is payback on the court. First ball goes to Mo Pete, and he drives the lane with full on reckless abandon dunking the ball on big Ben. I demand payback for that reverse jam. That my friends was true disrespect.

:mad:

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JMan
I agree Giz - the key is rotating the basketball and hitting some shots. I think they can penetrate that D if they move the ball and create some angles. Also, take it to them - if they can lure Wallace out to block shots maybe we can win the battle of the boards.

JMan
We won the "battle of the boards" last game, fruity nuts. Rebounding has nothing to do with it. Take a peak at the rest of the piston's rebounding number, that's why Wallace comes down with so many... not that I'm taking anything away from him, but TO can handle the glass.. that's not a problem.

The only hope TO seems to have is a post game against detroit... but since TO's post game is non existant, I think we're in big trouble.... unless the dream decides he wants to step into the time machine and get 5 years younger for us...

Hardy har har....

I think we should all just be content if the raps manage to win one game.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
booing

huge sports night for torontonians. i really hope no one boos the u.s. national anthem. regardless of what the islanders and pistons fans have done, we have more class. (also, the players on both basketball teams are mostly americans.)

i don't think the leafs fans will boo the u.s. anthem because most of them probably watched don cherry last night call vancouver fans "the scum of the earth" for booing the u.s. anthem when they hosted detroit. that was a bit harsh but he was right.

btw, this is unrelated, but where the fuck do the islander fans get off booing 'oh canada'? all of their best players are canadian. mike peca should have been a leader by slamming the new york fans during intermission.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
The post up game didn't work because we couldn't hit any shots from outside. Hence, any ball in to the post and every single Detroit guard came over for the double team / or triple team.

If we hit those shots, they can't double team so quickly. And besides Wallace, no one on the front line can defend. Robinson a bit, but I think Keon could take him.

Anyone know if Montross is back today?

Che

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by fleaflo
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!

Who the fuk really cares that a bunch of clowns booed the national anthem. It was ignorant yes, but isn't that what Canadians are always saying about Americans? Besides they should be booing cause we are gonna kick their ass, and without VC. How would they ever live that down?

What you should be wrapping your head around is payback on the court. First ball goes to Mo Pete, and he drives the lane with full on reckless abandon dunking the ball on big Ben. I demand payback for that reverse jam. That my friends was true disrespect.

:mad:
Are you saying you want a piece of me?

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
I also read that some Raps fans in attendence were threatened - and pretty scared. One guy had his Canadian flag ripped from his hands....

This makes me want to reach this game in full battle gear - blood stained LAIMBEER JERSEY with a big sign that reads....

"I tore this shirt of Bill's back after Barkley was finished kicking his fat-honky-ass!"

Go Raps!

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Illogistix, those Laimbeer v Barkley fights were the best. They were both so dirty.

Anyone remember that fight Barkley got into with Shaq just before he retired? Charles picked him and then slammed him down! :eek: one tough motha.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
You beat me to it, 416.

I FUCKING HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TALK HOCKEY IN BASKETBALL THREADS!

WHEN HAVE I EVER INFILTRATED YOUR HOCKEY THREADS TO TALK ABOUT BASKETBALL!!!

ThePlunger

TRIBE Member
Just so you guys know, ticketmaster still has tickets on sale for this game. My roommate's driving down this afternoon. Cheap seats are $10 American.

Matt

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gizmo
The post up game didn't work because we couldn't hit any shots from outside. Hence, any ball in to the post and every single Detroit guard came over for the double team / or triple team.

If we hit those shots, they can't double team so quickly. And besides Wallace, no one on the front line can defend. Robinson a bit, but I think Keon could take him.

Anyone know if Montross is back today?
LOL

Did you watch the game?

There was maybe 3 or 4 sucessful post entry passes (I dunno if you watched the game, but our post men were being fronted)... and even when it got there, it turned into a fading jumper by either dream or AD.

Blah blah blah... it's clear that we have to get something going inside to win. The raps didn't get into the playoffs by rellying on the jumper of MoPete and AW.

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
I think the key to this game is to definitely establish something inside - and get to the line.

On a good night the Raps only shoot 42% - so we should not expect them to light it up at a 50% clip. Getting to the line - not only gets us points, but gets them in foul trouble....Forcing Wallace or Stack to play less minutes would be huge!

Also The Pistons knew all the Raps sets - and were calling their own defensive plays - like Mike Singletary used to do back in the day. That's fucking pathetic, this ain't football - but so is the fact that Lenny only runs about 5 plays all year long.....

They fronted everything in the post - and our guards were still trying to force the ball down there, sometimes into double coverage. Crisp ball movement is the way to beat the front, with quick cuts from the weak side. Also some pick and roll works lovely if the man popping out can make the shot. This means AD had to hit the 15 footer (5 for 16 don;t cut it bro).

Also Alvin needs to take control of this fucker - Atkins can't stay with him. He needs to be agressive and get into the middle a bit - draw defenders and kick for open shots....When Alvin took over last year in Game 2 verses the Knicks (he went for 23 and outplayed Carter) the whole series changed.

We gotta win this one - all series are split 1-1 so far, so the Raps need to believe they can continue the trend...if we lose, it don't look too good....