• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

rant: used clothing sale

tella

TRIBE Member
i was just looking through the buy/sell/rent forum and i noticed there are a lot of threads with people selling used clothing. i can understand if you bought something uber expensive, only wore it once and now want to sell it but i just don't understand why someone would put the effort into taking a picture and then posting a shirt they want to sell for 2$. WHYYYYYYY?

am i the only one who either passes on clothing i don't want anymore or gives it to charity? i empathize with those who are hard up for cash (cos i'm in the same boat they are) but some of the threads in the buy/sell/rent forum are a bit ridiculous.

tella

TRIBE Member
i've wanted to do it in threads sooooooooo many times but i decided to do it out here.

i hope i don't get banned...i will have to find something new to do while procrastinating :D

Cri

TRIBE Member
I usually just give my old clothes to charity or if it is something nice to a friend who really likes it.

But ya I agree, if it was something super pricy I might try and sell it! I haven't yet..but the threads in that forum have kind of inspired me to :p

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I can only speak for about half of tribe... but...

I like buying jesux's and loress's, etc's. clothes at a fraction of what they regularly cost... dress up mannequins and have tea parties with my favorite "tribers"!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Soulster

TRIBE Member
i bought some clothing from a triber who was selling... most of it was around $10 or $15...

i appreciated getting cheap clothing that I otherwise wouldn't be able to afford and she got a little money for new clothing she wouldn't otherwise be able to afford.

just because we're not homeless people doesn't mean we don't need to ease a little financial stress by buying cheap or selling clothes that others might just give away.

Cri

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
I can only speak for about half of tribe... but...

I like buying jesux's and loress's, etc's. clothes at a fraction of what they regularly cost... dress up manquins and have tea parties with my favorite "tribers"!
those two definetley have wardrobes worth selling!! if i had super nice stuff like that, i probably wouldn't just give it away either! ;)

tella

TRIBE Member
Soulster said:
i bought some clothing from a triber who was selling... most of it was around $10 or $15...

i appreciated getting cheap clothing that I otherwise wouldn't be able to afford and she got a little money for new clothing she wouldn't otherwise be able to afford.

just because we're not homeless people doesn't mean we don't need to ease a little financial stress by buying cheap or selling clothes that others might just give away.
i can understand buying/selling something that cost a little more and was hardly worn. as i stated before, i don't understand selling something for 2$ is all. just seems silly.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
well, its mixed up crazy world maybe. speaking of crazy... you selling any clothes, nat? I'd love you over for "tea".

*twists moustache*

tella

TRIBE Member
Krzysiu said:
well, its mixed up crazy world maybe. speaking of crazy... you selling any clothes, nat? I'd love you over for "tea".

*twists moustache*
haha.
once i get paid we will have to go and drink more beer (no tea tho!).

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Kinger

TRIBE Member
tella said:
i can understand buying/selling something that cost a little more and was hardly worn. as i stated before, i don't understand selling something for 2$ is all. just seems silly.
I want NAMES.

kuba

TRIBE Member
tella, i've seen not just clothing but other items for $5 for sale that could/should go to charity, but people are probably hard up for cash. the one person that posted a 10 year old bike helmet for $10, well, i shat on his thread. he's not one who needs the ten bucks.

peko

TRIBE Member
tranyloo seems like a spam account to sell his closet. but, it's pretty simple - just don't go in the crappy threads.

someone's junk is another's treasure.