• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Rain didn't Stop Sunnyside!!!!!!!

JuJuHound

TRIBE Member
What a night, beatifull vibe, people, smiles all around, beatifull house music, tons and tons of people. Huge turnout!!
Started to rain a bit, that's when people lost it!!! started to jumpup, wicked, too much fun, can't wait for the next one.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Yes... I love RNB parties at Sunnyside. The venue is definitely the best in the city. Its fitting that it started to rain cuz damn ALL the women in that place were smoke'n hot! Good to see Suke, Chrome, LD, Patio-D and alot of old friends I hadn't partied with in ages. Excellent night.

*chuckles*

redeyes

TRIBE Member
the party was alright but not the greatest. at certain times of the night, everybody seemed kind of dead. more people were standing around than dancing. probably because everybody partied hard at the UP festival. aside from that, the beats were kickin hard
peace

JuJuHound

TRIBE Member
Its fitting that it started to rain cuz damn ALL the women in that place were smoke'n hot

*chuckles*[/B][/QUOTE]

Oh Ya, the women were beatifull, after all its always about the girls!

Heinz57

TRIBE Member
Brett Dancer's set was fuckin phenomenal...

Larry Heard sucked donkey's ass though... great producer.... but as a DJ, i don't think he knows what the purpose of the crossfader is... he played "Finally" and for the first time, i decided i'm sick of "Finally"..... hearing it mixed in with very little skill will do it... ruined a perfectly good song..

I'm glad it started raining during his set though... it gave me good reason to leave..

but up until he came on... had a great time...

left to check out the after hours at Celebrities.... had an even better time..

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JuJuHound

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Heinz57:
Brett Dancer's set was fuckin phenomenal...

Larry Heard sucked donkey's ass though... great producer.... but as a DJ, i don't think he knows what the purpose of the crossfader is... he played "Finally" and for the first time, i decided i'm sick of "Finally"..... hearing it mixed in with very little skill will do it... ruined a perfectly good song..

I'm glad it started raining during his set though... it gave me good reason to leave..

but up until he came on... had a great time...

left to check out the after hours at Celebrities.... had an even better time..
</font>
How is Celebrities?? is that on Bay & Yorkville...like dress code?? music??

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
I personally had a good time. Beautiful venue, beautiful people, beautiful vibe, beautiful music. Could not have asked for a more perfect day. First the UP Festival, then Sunnyside.

Was it just me, or did anyone else see Gerri Haliwell at this party?

Good to see some the crew, and some new faces, even though I wasn't introduced...I think Suke said True Blue Jungle GI and Kix was there???

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
I have mixed feelings about this party. I personally don't think it's the best (or even close to) RNB party i've ever been to.
The music wasn't the greatest, and I left earlier than usual.

KiX

TRIBE Member
I must say, walking down the stairs from the entrance, and entering the Sunnyside Pavilion was like being teleported into some other dimension. It didn't feel like toronto anymore. The place was so huge, so much going on to explore...and so phenonemally beautiful. By far the best venue in the city.

This made up for the fact that musically, things were pretty ass. What I know of Larry Heard as a producer (Mr. Fingers) is great....but he should stick with that and keep off the decks until he learns a bit more about the basic principles of mixing. I'm no dj, but I know a good mix from a bad one, and i was NOT impressed. The only thing i enjoyed about his set was hearing "Sincere", and watching the umbrella fiasco unfold as the promotors attempted to shield him from the rain. So jokes.

I guess everyone was tired from Up! (i know i was), but the place was never really kickin from what i saw. Maybe it was the music, maybe it was exhaustion, who knows. Still kinda weak. But regardless, the whole production of it was very well done by the RNB cru....I'm forsure going to check out the next party, if for nothing but adventures running through the venue.

Nice running into Suke, Chrome, Par-T, Libradragon, and a bunch of others.

=tina=

Heinz57

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JuJuHound:
How is Celebrities?? is that on Bay & Yorkville...like dress code?? music??</font>
Yup.. it's at 1280 Bay St.

I absolutely LOVE IT!

no dress code.. depending when you go...

the staff there are really cool... down to earth... really make you feel comfortable... and they're also big supporters of house music..

It's a small place.. so the chance of big name international DJs is low.... but the locals that they bring in are phenomenal... and on saturday night, hearing Ray Prasad at Celebrities was ALOT better than the Larry Heard debacle at Sunnyside...

And the place is DARK.... real somber-like.. very chilled out place..

but don't take my word for it... next time you hear about something going on at Celebrities... check it out for yourself..

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JuJuHound

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Heinz57:
Yup.. it's at 1280 Bay St.

I absolutely LOVE IT!

no dress code.. depending when you go...

the staff there are really cool... down to earth... really make you feel comfortable... and they're also big supporters of house music..

It's a small place.. so the chance of big name international DJs is low.... but the locals that they bring in are phenomenal... and on saturday night, hearing Ray Prasad at Celebrities was ALOT better than the Larry Heard debacle at Sunnyside...

And the place is DARK.... real somber-like.. very chilled out place..

but don't take my word for it... next time you hear about something going on at Celebrities... check it out for yourself..
</font>
Tnhx!!!!!

Heinz57

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KiX:
This made up for the fact that musically, things were pretty ass. What I know of Larry Heard as a producer (Mr. Fingers) is great....but he should stick with that and keep off the decks until he learns a bit more about the basic principles of mixing. I'm no dj, but I know a good mix from a bad one, and i was NOT impressed. The only thing i enjoyed about his set was hearing "Sincere", and watching the umbrella fiasco unfold as the promotors attempted to shield him from the rain. So jokes.
</font>
amen to that... Heard fuckin SUCKED....

you got DJs, and you got producers... and being one doesn't automatically make you the other as well... and Mr. Heard proved that...

his mixes were sooooooooooooooooooo off....

Bull Go Ki

TRIBE Member
Its a shame people were on the chill out tip. The music was very nice, proper house very comfortable but for some reason peeps were on the chill out mingle tip. I usually get my groove on at these parties but for some reason I wasn't feeling it.

Respect to the two girls who started their own circle and were getting down, battling each other. They did their best to pick things up but all in all a pretty chilled out vibe.

The next time we go out to a party at Sunnyside, I know it's very easy to take the chilled out approach because of the scenery and such, but I think if we all do our best in contributing a few moves on the dancefloor like those girls did, im sure it would make for a better party and vibe.

Peace.

db

•p.s. Yeah right! Gerri Haliwell was at the party?

patio-d

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KiX:
This made up for the fact that musically, things were pretty ass. What I know of Larry Heard as a producer (Mr. Fingers) is great....but he should stick with that and keep off the decks until he learns a bit more about the basic principles of mixing</font>

yeah... let me start off by saying that i had one of the best times i've had in ages.... the place was pretty, the people was fly, but yeah, that guy larry couldn't dj too well. I liked the tracks he played, but maybe since he hasn't done shit since '89 means he hasn't fucked with a mixer built since then either... damn fingaz, stop fucking with the levels and just let the track play!
Stil, i had one of the best times ever... and when the rain came at 3AM, it just got everyone around me even more stoked to dance...
wicked seeing gizmo, suke, kickit!.... naomi and flea where were ya at?
and nice meeting kix mad-briefly at the liquor store...

Phun-kay

I had a great night! The venue was magical, everyone was really friendly and definitely a good looking crowd. The music was pretty jazzy and fun, but I will agree with some of the people who have already given their take on the party - some of the mixes were really off, full 'shoes in the dryer' - I was really surprised because it happened a couple of times in the row, I was dancing near the front where the DJ was playing so I kept on checking to see if some person was smacking into the decks. Despite the shady mixes, I had the greatest night dancing and hanging out with some old friends, will be at the next one for sure!

Phun-kay

I had a great night! The venue was magical, everyone was really friendly and definitely a good looking crowd. The music was pretty jazzy and fun, but I will agree with some of the people who have already given their take on the party - some of the mixes were really off, full 'shoes in the dryer' - I was really surprised because it happened a couple of times in the row, I was dancing near the front where the DJ was playing so I kept on checking to see if some person was smacking into the decks. Despite the shady mixes, I had the greatest night dancing and hanging out with some old friends, will be at the next one for sure!

JuJuHound

TRIBE Member
Yah, I agree with all the comments above, the mixes were lameoooo!!!
I hope they book Masters AT Work for the next party....last year the music was awesome when Louie Vega showed up.....like I mean AWESOME...

P.S. Friend of mine worked at Fashion Cares, Geri Haliwell was dancin all night to Mark Farina @ the Convention Centre.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JuJuHound:
Yah, I agree with all the comments above, the mixes were lameoooo!!!
I hope they book Masters AT Work for the next party....last year the music was awesome when Louie Vega showed up.....like I mean AWESOME...

</font>
I also liked when they brought in Rasoul from SF. Something about that Westcoast sound that goes so well with being outdoors.

*c*

miguel

TRIBE Member
louie vega won't be back for a while. he was just here in april

rasoul was here recently too (i can't remember)?

miguel migs is due for a return this summer though

Par- T

TRIBE Member
Not as good a party as I had hoped for or have come to expect from RNB, but it so nice to party in such a sweet venue - outside. An ideal way to end off a day of house in the sun, at the UP Fest.

Got there at midnight only to hear an MC yapping over the tunes - it seemed so out of place. I was glad he shut up not to long after.

Sunnyside Pavilion is such a great venue for house music, not even so-so mixing and a lack-lustre set by "Mr. Fingers" could take away much from the setting. I though he improved sometime around 2:30 once the rain started. Things definitely got much better when Brett Dancer joined Heard on the decks. Great tunes, light rain, cool drumming from "Live Grooves" all added to making the last hour until 4:00am, so much better than earlier. The crowd had cleared, the vibe improved, space to dance, glad I stayed to the last beat (Frankie Knuckles, "DJ ----"), I was damp but didn't care.