• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Radiohead

Incrimin8

TRIBE Member
Incredible show last night.
Thom's hypnotic eye sucked me in right away. By far the best sounding concert I've ever experienced. Very clear and crisp. It was actually enjoyable to not have to throw in the ear plugs.

Set List...not to spoil it for anyone seeing them tonight, but the sets have been getting mixed up quite a bit so far for each show.

01 You and Whose Army
02 The National Anthem
03 Morning Bell
04 15 Step
05 Open Pick
06 Exit Music (for a film)
07 Dollars & Cents
08 Videotape
09 Bodysnatchers
10 There There
11 Street Spirit
12 The Gloaming
13 Bangers 'n Mash
14 Nude
15 Myxomatosis
16 Idioteque
17 How To Disappear Completely

Encore 1
18 Airbag
19 Pyramid Song
20 Arpeggi
21 Lucky

Encore 2
22 4 Minute Warning
23 Everything In Its Right Place

maphi

TRIBE Member
Yep. That was an exceptional show. The sound was incredible, the video screens were brilliant, the band was on. I thought the new tunes were really great as well. They all seem to be uptempo rock tunes, more along the lines of The Bends than anything they've done in recent years however that may change once they get layered with studio trickery. The crowd last night was pretty feisty as well. The best moment was when he said he was going to play a new one and then asked "are you ready?" and someone in the crowd screamed out "we're always ready for you Thom!", the whole band just started laughing and they had to wait 20 seconds to get it out of their system before they could start. Classic. Personally, I would have liked to have heard "Punchup at a Wedding" but was very happy they played "Lucky"... That tune was the highlight of the night for me. All in all, well worth the fortune I paid on ebay for tickets.

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
radiohead played?
I saw no evidence of this. usually when there is a concert at the acc, I can see people or hear them or they have those twirling spotlights on. weird.
pearl jam was crazy down by the beer market. radiohead fans no drinky?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Awesome show. Such a tight live band and the new songs really appealed to me...especially loved "4 Minute Warning." Can't wait for tonight!

maphi

TRIBE Member
My girlfriend ran into someone who managed to snag tickets for this yesterday on Ticketmaster... It seems they release a few the day of. Worth a try for anyone who doesn't want to give $250 to a scalper.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
I went to the show last night. My girlfriend is a HUGE fan. Almost as big a fan as I am about U2 (you can check my other threads and pics). She got the tickets....I went with her.

I have to say...I respect Radiohead.....other prominent bands respect Radiohead.....and I had zero expectations at this intimate venue.

It was a total love in. I thought it was fantastic. Highlights for me were There, There......Airbag......and Lucky. Great sound.......great lighting.....fantastic effects.

I was loving the drummer especially. Fuck...he's talented.

Thom can do some serious crazy dancing.........great rock sound at times.

I totally felt "privileged" to be there. I definitely felt I witnessed something special. I'm not a fan of all of their songs. Some sound a bit too experimental for me.

There There.....made me realize that these guy do what they do like no one else.

P.S. Not sure why....but I did feel quite embarrassed at the hecklers during "Exit Music". Not malicious heckling....but people yelling and demonstrating their inability to sit and listen to a special performance. Thom was there....quiet....sitting....playing.....and fuck....people kept on interrupting. 4 people stood in front of us for half the show. 3 of them eventually sat down....one dude stood for the 2 hour show. My girlfriend and I changed places so her sightline would be free.

Great show.....I know that this was a warm up......looking forward to a bigger venue.

Tony Bandana

TRIBE Promoter
probably one of my favoutie bandds all time...OK Computer is so unbelivable, for this day and age of wackness,

and weak pop music

there the kings

Let Down & Haning Around !

:D

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
The crowd was definitely obnoxious...if the song is quiet and slow, STFU for 4 minutes! And the girl next to me sang along...grrrr. All the people in front of me stood for the whole show but I expected that.

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
The whole place stood for the entire show as far as I could see. I wouldnt expect to sit down at a show, even if it's Radiohead.

Wasnt Thom York taking the piss out of the sitters?

maphi

TRIBE Member
rejenerate said:
Last night had Fake Plastic Trees, Just, Karma Police and Paranoid Android.

NOOOO!!!!!!!! I really wanted to hear all of those songs!!!!! Oh well, I'm glad I got to go to at least one of the nights anyway... Did you guys get Street Spirit & Lucky? Is there a full setlist printed anywhere?

Adam

TRIBE Member
Setlist:

01 The Gloaming
02 Bangers 'n Mash
03 15 Step
04 2+2=5
05 Kid A
06 Fake Plastic Trees
07 Videotape
08 Arpeggi
09 Idioteque
10 Climbing Up The Walls
11 Down Is The New Up (debut performance;youtube)
12 Karma Police
13 Nude
14 House of Cards
15 Myxomatosis
16 Spooks
17 Paranoid Android

Encore 1
18 You And Whose Army?
19 Bodysnatchers
20 Just
21 Let Down

Encore 2
22 There There

Fuck all ya'll.

Last edited:

juice

TRIBE Member
I was at the Wednesday night show ... janiecakes you were 3 rows in front of us in the same section. Amazing amazing amazing show. What a perfect venue for it, sound was clear, seats were awesome and you could see everything perfectly. In fact I'm sure there wasn't a bad seat in the venue even if you were in the balcony at the back, we were row K on the isle and it couldn't have been better.

The crowd energy was decent, I certainly didn't see anyone sitting so I'm not sure what others were talking about. Great blend of old and new tunes. Thom had some great breakout dance session, I was really digging most of the new tunes so really looking forward to all that being finalized. Myxomatosis was great, I love that song even more live. Ending off with Everything In Its Right Place was fantastic. That concert was pure joy and the fact that I got to take it in with a friend of mine that is the biggest Radiohead fan that I know and had never got to see them live as he lives in Barbados made it even that much more memorable. I think I have to make adjustments now to the top 5 concerts I've ever been to.

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
Adam said:
Setlist:

01 The Gloaming
02 Bangers 'n Mash
03 15 Step
04 2+2=5
05 Kid A
06 Fake Plastic Trees
07 Videotape
08 Arpeggi
09 Idioteque
10 Climbing Up The Walls
11 Down Is The New Up (debut performance;youtube)
12 Karma Police
13 Nude
14 House of Cards
15 Myxomatosis
16 Spooks
17 Paranoid Android

Encore 1
18 You And Whose Army?
19 Bodysnatchers
20 Just
21 Let Down

Encore 2
22 There There

Fuck all ya'll.

down is the new up is AMAZING dudes, that song is kick ass.... i can't fucking wait for this show next weekend.... 1 week to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sylent Syd

TRIBE Member
Man, reading all these reviews makes me think back to the concert I saw of them in Vancouver to support OK Computer. Biggest impression I was left with was how Yorke not only matched his vocal acrobatics from the album on stage, but that his performance actually surpassed it! Mind-blowingly flawless!

Glad and envious for all who went - Schools really oughtta make attending a Radiohead concert compulsory for a child's education. ;)

maphi

TRIBE Member
Hal-9000 said:
Theres a torrent for a respectable FLAC taping of night 2 floating around. Plenty of seeds.

I found one for the first night as well... Sounds pretty ok... Not a bad souvenir for the show.