1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Radiohead TBA ?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by sweetdaddy, Aug 25, 2003.

1. sweetdaddy

sweetdaddy TRIBE Member

ok.

Ampitheatre said 1 week - 10days for new date and venue info.

today is day 10 since the original cancelled date.....so where's the info muthafukers?

2. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

Rumour-bots are saying Sept. 30 (unlikely as they would have to go from California-->Toronto---->Houston.)

Early October is more likely, which will suck as the venue will have to be changed.

3. Adam

Adam TRIBE Member

Agreed..it will probably be sometime around September 12th, since they're in NYC on the 9th/10th.

Actually, if you want a really accurate prediction: it will probably be the 11th/12th/13th/14th, since I'll be out of town then.

4. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

same here... mother fuckin' blackout fucked us all over!

even if they change the venue and my tickets are no longer valid, i'm gonna be pissed! :mad:

5. juice

juice TRIBE Member

Seriously changing the venue would be a HUGE hassle. I really think they'll try to work out something to still keep it at the Ampitheatre ... I guess it's up to Radiohead in the end though.

6. Adam

Adam TRIBE Member

I'm drunk..that should say October 10th, not September. The tour dates are:

Tue 08/26/03 Morrison, CO Red Rocks Amphitheatre
    Thu 08/28/03 West Valley City, UT USANA Amphitheatre
    Sat 08/30/03 Vancouver, BC Thunderbird Stadium
    Sun 08/31/03 Auburn, WA White River Amphitheatre
    Tue 09/23/03 Mountain View, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
    Thu 09/25/03 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl
    Fri 09/26/03 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl
    Sun 09/28/03 Chula Vista, CA Coors Amphitheatre
    Wed 10/01/03 The Woodlands, TX C.W. Mitchell Pavilion
    Thu 10/02/03 New Orleans, LA UNO Lakefront Arena
    Sat 10/04/03 West Palm Beach, FL Sound Advice Amphitheatre
    Mon 10/06/03 Atlanta, GA HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
    Thu 10/09/03 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    Fri 10/10/03 New York, NY Madison Square Garden

Makes sense that they would either be here at the beginning of September or after the NYC dates in October. October seems more likely.

7. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

This gap might have possibility.

8. smack

smack TRIBE Member

If they changed the venue would they still honour our tickets that we already bought?

9. They should. It's a standard policy, though sometimes (very infrequently) they ask people to exchange tickets, but that's usually because of a venue change.

10. juice

juice TRIBE Member

How would they even go about attempting to do this though? The only other location this concert could be held in is the Air Canada Centre and the layout is totally different than the Amphitheatre. While pit tickets could probably be accommodated, how would the other seats (200,300,400 at the Amphitheatre get assigned at the ACC)? Has a venue change been done like this before from the Amphitheatre to ACC? I know it has happened tons of times before for concerts where everything is general admission.

Help me god if they even think about using the Skydome.

11. Good question, and that I'm not sure about.

12. sweetdaddy

sweetdaddy TRIBE Member

no...they would not.

you would definitly have to get new tickets.....but, maybe they would allow people who already have tickets, forst dibs on getting new ones.

but if it is in a diffrent venue...there will have to be new tickets.

13. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

why can't they use the molson ampitheatre in early october?

it won't be *that* cold.

14. Pretty much all of Ontario Place except for the Cinesphere closes when the Ex closes, I think.

15. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

can't they use the ampitheatre if ontario place closes?

we don't need to go on the waterslides or anything.

16. The thing is, most of Ontario Place is staffed by students. Not many students are going to be around mid sept.

17. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

ticketmaster has informed me that the amphitheatre can stay open until early october if need be. that would be sweater sweet!

18. sweetdaddy

sweetdaddy TRIBE Member

come on
    come on
    come on
    come on
    announce the freakin date already!

19. Resolver

Resolver TRIBE Member

If im not mistaken, the staff works for House of Blues which runs all year round so it shouldn't be a problem especially for a Radiohead show.

20. You're most likely right, most of my friends who worked there were students though, and that's my line of reasoning.

21. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

I have tickets lined up, just waiting for the date to snatch.. em hurry up already!

22. sweetdaddy

sweetdaddy TRIBE Member

it has been well over 10 days already.

where's the info ?

23. DEEPHOUSEGRL

DEEPHOUSEGRL TRIBE Member

Yes I know!!! What's going on? I heard from someone it was supposed to be on August 30th or something?

24. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

NEW DATE: OCT 15 @ THE ACC.

now, who wants to sell me their pit ticket?

25. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

^^ok, that was according to Waste.......but for some reason, its now off their website.

and ticketmaster hasn't got a clue.

so........who knows