• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

racoon stuck on lamp post

mutslaster

TRIBE Member
there's a racoon that climbed up a streetlamp right by my house and is perched on top of it and can't get down (bloor and dalton). it's been up there for about 40 hours now. FINALLY the police have showed up after apparently numerous calls (as well to animal services, who are now only supposedly showing up after the police called them).

there's about 200 people standing around waiting to see what happens. people have made a cushion of boxes and blankets around the bottom of the pole in case it falls down. i've never seen this community so united. over a RACOON.

it's really sad and pitiful up there though. it's completely terrified.

trinitydub

TRIBE Member
way too high up, ev. taller than the adjacent buildings on bloor.

i took pix like everyone else. dunno where my cable is.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

why not

TRIBE Member
when i was a kid, we lived in the country, and had a big german shepherd.
one evening, the dog was chasing a racoon, and the thing ran up a hydro pole, electrocuting itself, falling down to earth, and knocking out our power for the night.
next evening, the damn dog chased another racoon up the same pole, and the it got fried as well (and knocked out our power for another night).

from that day on, the dog would sometimes sit under the pole, staring up at the sky waiting for fried racoons to fall.

if i remember correctly, we couldn't get animal control to come and get the bodies (because they were on our property), so my dad had to dump them on the road and make it look like a hit and run.
the two bodies together kind of looked like a murder suicide or something.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

derek

TRIBE Member
just stick an open garbage can, or an organic waste basket by the pool; i've yet to see a racoon pass up a tasty organic waste basket (particulary mine when i forget to tie it down).

hopefully, he makes it down ok. wonder how he got stuck, those bastards can climb up and down damn near anything.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
The real question is: how did it get there?

Was it a dare from other racoons?
Some UofT engineering stunt?
Did he just climb to the top "because it was there"?
Get a better vantage point to spot girl racoons?

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
just drove past there now...
it's STILL there..

they'll shoot it with a dart and catch it...
they're too scared it'll bite someone....

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
synchronizator said:
just drove past there now...
it's STILL there..

they'll shoot it with a dart and catch it...
they're too scared it'll bite someone....

nothing worse than when a racoon falls from a lampost on to your head

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
if there was a person outside these people's houses, scared and alone and unable to move, would this many people even notice? maybe if the person was stuck on top of a lamppost, i spose. but you know what i mean ... it's a raccoon people. if it falls and dies it falls and dies. if it bites someone they'd probably put it down quickly enough. if it wasn't stuck on the lamppost but was strewing people's garbage about as it foraged in their garbage cans they'd hate on it and chase it off. it only has value as long as people are entertained by it and it's not hurting anyone.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories