• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

RA Poll: Top 20 live acts of 2013

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
RA Poll: Top 20 live acts of 2013

The RA readers chose their favourite live acts of the year.

When it comes to electronic music, the beauty of the word "live" is the flexibility of its meaning. Sure, a stolid laptop performer churning out seamless club fodder is uninspiring—but maybe it's time we focussed less on the worst examples of the discipline, and concentrated more on the breadth and colour of what it can mean to perform this music live.

The list below would be a good place to start. No two acts approach their shows in the same way. There are vocalists, synthesizers, drum machines, guitars, controllers and yes, some laptops. They perform solo, in duos and in bands. And electronic music's restless spirit means their records are often just starting point for their performances. In 2013 there were countless artists who messed with the meaning of live electronic music. Below are the 20 that you enjoyed the most.

Stop Bill C-10

alison87

TRIBE Member
Nobody cares is right. Someone posted the top DJs list on my Facebook the other day and meh. Unless you like that very narrow genre of techno, progressive and "techno-y house whose fans don't like being associated with tech-house" there's not much for you there. It's basically a great way to find out the most popular electronic acts amongst regular RA readers, which is largely irrelevant to anyone who isn't a regular RA reader (and probably equally irrelevant to the regulars too because they see all the roll-calls there anyway). I love that there is still one big online community for electronic music, but it feels like an echo chamber from the outside. I think it was much more interesting to see everyone's favorite albums on Tribe - at least you get some insight into individuals in that sense, you know?

That said, i did vote in the Faze Magazine poll this year, so go figure.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
Well I came across a couple of good suggestions in the comments... One guy in particular from Pittsburgh Shawn Rudiman...

[YOUTUBE]p6fHOJVmX2E[/YOUTUBE]