1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

R.I.P. Huey

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by originalVIBE, Aug 30, 2003.

1. originalVIBE

originalVIBE TRIBE Promoter

Way to many losses this year....RIP MAN, thanx for always sorting me out!

Jesse.

2. Jay P

Jay P TRIBE Member

You have been the nicest Huey for as long as i can remember!

My heart goes out to you and your family!

R.I.P. Huey:(

3. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

You're not talking about Huey from System are you?

-- Jay aka Fut

4. chooch

chooch TRIBE Member

Think perhaps this might be the case. I was looking to confirm this.

Many a nights spent in line waiting to enter system was pretty fun due to the banter on the front step. Part of the experience of going to system will be altered.

R.I.P.

5. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

:(. He was a nice guy, and I know that I'll never forget when SmileyJo lost her arm pouch with all of her ID and money and stuff and he was the one who found it with all the contents still there and returned it to her.

-- Jay aka Fut

6. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

7. smilez

smilez TRIBE Member

OMG this is so sad. He was a great guy. Always took the time to sit and chat with me for a bit.

RIP

Melissa

8. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

rip.

9. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

rip baby huey.

even from the days of '97 ... you were a force to be reckoned with. Rest easy big man.

patrick.

I hate to be the one to ask, but what happened ? I heard he was dead in his apt. for four days before they found him.

10. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Those that need to know can find out on their own. I don't think this information needs to be posted on a public forum.

RIP Huey

*c*

11. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

well, if that's the case.. why put a thread ? why spark curiosity ?

*shakes head*

patrick

12. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

I can't stop crying reading all the messages marked RIP Huey on my msn. Knowing Huey for the past 7 years I have got to know him very well. He has been such a dear person to me. My heart is so so sad. I've known Huey since he was working with Andrew(RIP) at old Brooklyn on St Joseph back in 97. He was such a kind person to me...always hooking me up and treating me like gold. Something Huey would say..."Step aside people, this pretty lady needs to come in...move move!!" I love you Hewy...I will never forget you...ever. Huey has been and always will be at the top of my list of fav people in the scene. Half the reason I'd go to System was to just to chat it up with Huey. His big hugs were the absolute best. You couldn't even get your arms half way around him. Often when I was on my way to another club, i'd drive by System just to yell out my window and wave and at him and say "hey baby!"... and then he'd yell back..."get ur ass here!!" It will not be the same going to System. I am so sad for Orin, Quin and all the staff at System. My heart goes out to all of them.

Rest in Peace my fav Libra ever ever!!:( :(

Love, Maxine

You are so sadly missed.

13. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

shit...who exactly was huey...?

14. lucinda

lucinda TRIBE Member

Oh Huey :( I will never forget all the good times we had together when I used to promote for Bang. He always made me feel like a princess when I walked into the club and even after I had quit he always made sure that I got pure VIP treatment. A sweetheart indeed!
    RIP big guy :(

P.S Nobody ever looked soo good in a yellow jacket!!:)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2003
  15. smilez

smilez TRIBE Member

I don't *need* to know I just hope it wasn't some stupid retaliation for him doing his job, that would just be more confirmation of the sorry state that this city is quickly becoming.

Melissa

16. lucinda

lucinda TRIBE Member

He was the head bouncer at system

17. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

So people can pay their condolenses and respect... but whatever, I'm not going to ruin this thread by arguing about this.

*c*

18. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

did he work at limelight as well?

19. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

limelight, bassmint, brooklyn,system, and maybe even spinkat i think...

20. RIP Huey. You were one of the nicest people I met and a professional at what you did. :(

21. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

what is the scoop on his death? how did he die?

22. ~SweetBeatz~

~SweetBeatz~ TRIBE Member

Rest In Peace Huey...It was always nice talking with you! Don't worry, i'll "find that girl" for you ;)

Luv,
    Jenn

23. smack

smack TRIBE Member

RIP Huey

My sincerest condolences Orin

24. deep

deep TRIBE Member

dag. RIP

25. MBoy

MBoy TRIBE Member

:( rest in peace.