• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

R.I.P Greg Giraldo

acheron

TRIBE Member
Someone told me Giraldo died I thought they meant Geraldo and I was all, "WHEW, FINALLY" and then they said, no, Greg Giraldo and then I was like, who?

Seeing his picture (I had to google him) I vaguely recall him reading from a hastily scrawled piece of paper at a couple of those awful Comedy Central Roasts (see Dean Martin's series for examples of how to do a roast properly).

RIP but really, who was this guy again?

PAUZE

TRIBE Promoter
Just a standup comedian. Not super big. He recently did the roast of David Hasselhoff and ripped everyone a new asshole... Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Rage

TRIBE Member
Just a standup comedian. Not super big. He recently did the roast of David Hasselhoff and ripped everyone a new asshole... Check it out if you haven't seen it.
I find those roasts hilarious and him & Jeff Ross ALWAYS deliver the goods...can't speak for anything else he's done but man, those roasts are laugh attack after laugh attack

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Illuminati

TRIBE Member
Someone told me Giraldo died I thought they meant Geraldo and I was all, "WHEW, FINALLY" and then they said, no, Greg Giraldo and then I was like, who?

Seeing his picture (I had to google him) I vaguely recall him reading from a hastily scrawled piece of paper at a couple of those awful Comedy Central Roasts (see Dean Martin's series for examples of how to do a roast properly).

RIP but really, who was this guy again?
In the world of stand-up and to the people who are seriously into stand-up, this guy, Greg Giraldo was huge! Most definitely a comedians comedian and was sure as hell one of the funniest, sharp and quick witted comics out there.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Persephone

TRIBE Member
Wow, a shocker. Total loss to the stand up comedy world. I just learned who this guy was last month, when I basically wasted away a rainy Sunday watching a marathon of Celebrity Roasts on the Comedy channel. He had me in tears a few times. Sad to lose his jokes so soon.

RIP.

lol at the foreskin like a circus tent joke!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
a friend of mine interviewed Greg Giraldo in May 2009 and reposted the interview on his blog.
i will admit, i found the interview to be hugely depressing. clearly he was an unhappy guy.
although i don't know if *any* stand-up comics are well adjusted people.

Greg Giraldo on Failure | Jay Dixit

Musical Rush

TRIBE Member
a friend of mine interviewed Greg Giraldo in May 2009 and reposted the interview on his blog.
i will admit, i found the interview to be hugely depressing. clearly he was an unhappy guy.
although i don't know if *any* stand-up comics are well adjusted people.

Greg Giraldo on Failure | Jay Dixit

From what I heard in the past stand-up comedians are usually the saddest people on earth, they get their joy out of making people laugh. Go figure.

Dialog

TRIBE Member
Interesting that it is being reported as a prescription drug overdose. I was under the impression that most prescription opiate deaths these days qualified as "natural causes"

rentboy

TRIBE Member
A tribute show was put together for him recently. Well worth a watch. He was great :(

[YOUTUBE]uG-LeGM2y-s&[/YOUTUBE]

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Also, his Hasselhoff roast segment is epic. The guy had such a strong, consistent, rapid-fire delivery.

[YOUTUBE]jFgZA1Uovv4&[/YOUTUBE]