1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

R.I.P Greg Giraldo

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by PAUZE, Sep 30, 2010.

1. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

2. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

if he's cremated, he'll finally be roasted.
    R.I.P.

3. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Someone told me Giraldo died I thought they meant Geraldo and I was all, "WHEW, FINALLY" and then they said, no, Greg Giraldo and then I was like, who?

Seeing his picture (I had to google him) I vaguely recall him reading from a hastily scrawled piece of paper at a couple of those awful Comedy Central Roasts (see Dean Martin's series for examples of how to do a roast properly).

RIP but really, who was this guy again?

4. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Just a standup comedian. Not super big. He recently did the roast of David Hasselhoff and ripped everyone a new asshole... Check it out if you haven't seen it.

5. Rage

Rage TRIBE Member

I find those roasts hilarious and him & Jeff Ross ALWAYS deliver the goods...can't speak for anything else he's done but man, those roasts are laugh attack after laugh attack

6. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

he was also a former lawyer and Harvard Law graduate.
    funny funny man.

7. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

Very very sad this guy was fucking hilarious on the Roasts.

He's on at 2:30.

RIP thank you for putting me in tears

8. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

another place people may recognize him from was that he was a judge on this years Last Comic Standing.

9. Illuminati

Illuminati TRIBE Member

In the world of stand-up and to the people who are seriously into stand-up, this guy, Greg Giraldo was huge! Most definitely a comedians comedian and was sure as hell one of the funniest, sharp and quick witted comics out there.

10. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

11. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

Noooooooooo!!!! This guy was fucking hilarious!

12. dabeats

dabeats TRIBE Member

Wow two regulars on the Howard Stern Show go down within a month.

R.I.P. Greg

13. Musical Rush

14. Musical Rush

When it's my turn to go, this is how I want to leave. With 1 final rub and tug.

15. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

Wow, a shocker. Total loss to the stand up comedy world. I just learned who this guy was last month, when I basically wasted away a rainy Sunday watching a marathon of Celebrity Roasts on the Comedy channel. He had me in tears a few times. Sad to lose his jokes so soon.

RIP.

lol at the foreskin like a circus tent joke!

16. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

a friend of mine interviewed Greg Giraldo in May 2009 and reposted the interview on his blog.
    i will admit, i found the interview to be hugely depressing. clearly he was an unhappy guy.
    although i don't know if *any* stand-up comics are well adjusted people.

Greg Giraldo on Failure | Jay Dixit

17. Musical Rush

From what I heard in the past stand-up comedians are usually the saddest people on earth, they get their joy out of making people laugh. Go figure.

18. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

sad clown.

19. Musical Rush

That's what separates them from the rest of us.
    To be a good one you have to be a bit twisted. and just don't give a fuck !! :)

20. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

Interesting that it is being reported as a prescription drug overdose. I was under the impression that most prescription opiate deaths these days qualified as "natural causes"

21. -Mercury-

-Mercury- TRIBE Member

R.I.P. to one of the funniest motherfuckers on earth!

22. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

A tribute show was put together for him recently. Well worth a watch. He was great :(

[YOUTUBE]uG-LeGM2y-s&[/YOUTUBE]

23. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

Also, his Hasselhoff roast segment is epic. The guy had such a strong, consistent, rapid-fire delivery.

[YOUTUBE]jFgZA1Uovv4&[/YOUTUBE]

24. workdowntown

workdowntown TRIBE Member

My favourite is when he burned that fucking idiot Dennis Leary.

25. futronic

futronic TRIBE Member

His stand-up special Midlife Voices is hilarious also.

-- Jay aka Fut