• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

quittig smoking - laser

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
someone started a thread about this a while ago, couldnt find it....wanted to get the info on the place he/she went to, it was in lindsay i believe

thanx

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Just quit man. Fuck laser, hypnotherapy, the patch, the gum, accu, it's all bullshit, just don't smoke anymore.

If you really couldn't quit, then you'd have to really be addicted, which would mean you couldn't sleep and you would get sick from cigarette withdrawl which doesn't happen because they aren't really addictive.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
I started the thread.. I lost the business card, but i can try and find the # for you on my cell bill or something. It is a tanning/spa place on william street.. ask green soljhauh or however you spell it , he lives there and knows where it is :)

20th of this month will be 3 months, without a single puff! Good luck!

Jay

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
JEMZ said:
Just quit man. Fuck laser, hypnotherapy, the patch, the gum, accu, it's all bullshit, just don't smoke anymore.

If you really couldn't quit, then you'd have to really be addicted, which would mean you couldn't sleep and you would get sick from cigarette withdrawl which doesn't happen because they aren't really addictive.
I smoke for 16 years, a pack a day. 1 month after quitting, I started to get sick (including the shits :)).

Ive tried it all, and the laser works, so it is not bullshit. Best $100 I have spent.

Jay

HouseHeadSacha

TRIBE Member
ive just quit for the second time in my life.
im at 6 weeks now without even a drag.

the first time i quit for almost three years,
then i started again JUST socially while i was drinking at bars.
i did that for about 6 months (and was cool with the idea
of just being a social smoker) before it started becoming
a full time habit again.

dont fool yourself, like i did. its ALL or NOTHING.

also, the addiction is 95% mental.
and your body stops craving nicotine after only like 3 days
(or so ive been told)

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
xtcfreak said:
I started the thread.. I lost the business card, but i can try and find the # for you on my cell bill or something. It is a tanning/spa place on william street.. ask green soljhauh or however you spell it , he lives there and knows where it is :)

20th of this month will be 3 months, without a single puff! Good luck!

Jay
pm sent

acheron

TRIBE Member
how the heck do you quit smoking with a laser beam? Do they blast you in the fricking face with it and you're in so much pain and half-blind you forget you were even a smoker?

/always wondered.

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
how the heck do you quit smoking with a laser beam? Do they blast you in the fricking face with it and you're in so much pain and half-blind you forget you were even a smoker?

/always wondered.
From what I understand it is supposed to stimulate some nerve that is a key player in one's craving.

As yes all or nothing, if you have quit then even one drag is a step to smoking again.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I've quit smoking by stopping hanging around with my work smoke break buddies, and chain drinking instead. So at a club instead of smoking, just drink more.. after work, drink a few... etc. not the healthiest way, but it worked for me...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Gravid

TRIBE Member
lucky1 said:
I've quit smoking by stopping hanging around with my work smoke break buddies, and chain drinking instead. So at a club instead of smoking, just drink more.. after work, drink a few... etc. not the healthiest way, but it worked for me...
I used this method also. Instead of drink-smoke-drink-smoke, it's now drink-drink-drink-drrriiinnnnk-stumble home-pass out.
See, no smoking necessary.:p
I also found the patch really helped with the morning and after meal cravings, but don't start with Step 1 unless you are over a pack a day and I did it for 5 weeks instead of 10. Almost 2 months without.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
JEMZ said:

I don't believe that at ALL.

I smoked for 11 years or so, and couldn't have quit at all without the patch (used the gum a bit at the end just to have when I needed it)

I don't think addictive is qualified by not sleeping and getting sick....

I know nothing of laser though....I don't really see how a laser can make you quit smoking, it's a physical addiction you have to ween yourself off....not zap away like some bond villain..

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
The point is that the laser, the patch etc are all pseudo-placebos that provide people with a crutch to lean on while their mind convinces them that they CAN stop. Inevitably, none of them are responsible for you quitting, only you convincing you that you don't need to smoke anymore will do it.

And using one drug to quit another is a roll of the dice at best.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
JEMZ said:
The point is that the laser, the patch etc are all pseudo-placebos that provide people with a crutch to lean on while their mind convinces them that they CAN stop. Inevitably, none of them are responsible for you quitting, only you convincing you that you don't need to smoke anymore will do it.

And using one drug to quit another is a roll of the dice at best.
the patch isn't a placebo... it just allows you to concentrate on one less aspect of your addiction while you quit.

xtcfreak

TRIBE Member
JEMZ said:
From what I understand it is supposed to stimulate some nerve that is a key player in one's craving.

As yes all or nothing, if you have quit then even one drag is a step to smoking again.
you are right, the lady who did the laser therapy said if I take one puff, it could undo what she has done.

Being at the bar with friends didnt bother me, and I just remind myself why I have quit, and I have gone all this way.

The laser therapy kills the cravings, but the your habits you have to change yourself.

BBJ - My mother is calling me with the number off the pamphlet, I will PM you back, Or post it in here for anyone else who might want the info.

GO TEAM NONE SMOKERS!!! :)

Jay

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Me slapping the patch on my buddy is not going to make him stop smoking though.

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_RealWorldNRT.html

In the Shiffman "Real-world" study, only 3% of those using the Rx nicotine patch and 9.2% of those using the OTC patch were not smoking at six months. In the nicotine gum groups, only 7.7% of the Rx gum group and 8.4% in the OTC gum group were not smoking at six months. Sadly, the average for the four groups was just 7%.

edit: By the way. Good luck to everyone who is attempting to quit. All debate stuff aside, the fact that you are actually trying is better than not. I smoked for 10 years and quitting has made me so happy.

Last edited:

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
JEMZ said:
Me slapping the patch on my buddy is not going to make him stop smoking though.
Of course not. But it doesn't claim to do that. The patch claims to supply you with nicotene. That's all it does.