• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Queston re: using a mixer from NA in another country

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I know the answer has to be on google somewhere, but I don't even know how to phrase the question to get a satisfactory search hit.

I have a mixer that I brought with me overseas, and the AC Adaptor with it has an input of 120v 60Hz 14.2W.

The output is 12v AC - 1000mA

The voltage in this country is 220V 50Hz.

Question: Is all I need a new adaptor suiting this country's voltage (220/50) but still putting out 12v AC 1000mA?

I had the hardest time just finding a damned RCA cable yesterday, so I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me pinpoint what I need so I can write it down before I go searching. I don't want to fry my mixer, it's impossible to find anything here.

THANKS.

Stop Bill C-10

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
Yes you are correct... 12VAC 1000ma... If you find anything 1000ma or more it will work dont go less than a 1000ma...

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
What is it, an Ecler? I had an Ecler once and it had a weird adapter like 13.7 volts AC... Come to think of it, my current Rane MP22z has an adapter with a bizarre jack that is neither a telephone jack or a cat 5 type network jack although it looks similar. Mixer companies. Sheeesh.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
It's a Stanton SK Two. I guess a step down transformer is the easiest way to go, I've seen them around. The adaptor plug is kind of weird to find a replacement, looks like a 1/8 inch audio jack.

Man it's hard to find anything here, even an RCA - 1/4 inch audio cable.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
It's a Stanton SK Two. I guess a step down transformer is the easiest way to go, I've seen them around. The adaptor plug is kind of weird to find a replacement, looks like a 1/8 inch audio jack.

Man it's hard to find anything here, even an RCA - 1/4 inch audio cable.

I blew my sound car a few years ago prior to a gig in the UK, I would suggest you contact the manufacturer and see what they recommend. They may even be able to point you to a local shop that can assist.

voltage is a very tricky issue, mine blew while setting it up with an adaptor, no Traktor S4 came with one adaptor and international plugs so maybe Stanton offers something similar.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders