• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Question:

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
I feed my cat chicken and beef based foods


and yet...

his breath smells like fish?



Is there something Purina isn't telling me?
 
Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Everything's gonna be alright
Everything's gonna be alright
Everything's gonna be alright
No woman, no cryyyyyyyyyyyy!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Pet food is often rendered from road kill*.


It's possible they were not able to distinguish what the road kill was and decided chicken. Fish have no business crossing major highways.














*this is true, actually.
 

kat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
Pet food is often rendered from road kill*.


It's possible they were not able to distinguish what the road kill was and decided chicken. Fish have no business crossing major highways.














*this is true, actually.

source?

ive heard of them using dead cats/dogs - but that was put to a stop a while ago.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

gubydal

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
I feed my cat chicken and beef based foods


and yet...

his breath smells like fish?



Is there something Purina isn't telling me?

There's lot's that Purina isn't telling you... don't even get me started about what's in pet food....

However, usually when an animals breath is bad it has less to do with food than with their dental health. If you're feeding your cat primarily wet food then it's teeth aren't being "brushed" and it probably needs it's teeth professionally cleaned. Same goes for dogs. Better have it checked by the vet next time you're in for the annuals... gum disease can advance pretty rapidly and end up costing a lot more than a cleaning would.

Best wishes,
Shawna
 

Lainey

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Question:

Originally posted by gubydal
There's lot's that Purina isn't telling you... don't even get me started about what's in pet food....

However, usually when an animals breath is bad it has less to do with food than with their dental health. If you're feeding your cat primarily wet food then it's teeth aren't being "brushed" and it probably needs it's teeth professionally cleaned. Same goes for dogs. Better have it checked by the vet next time you're in for the annuals... gum disease can advance pretty rapidly and end up costing a lot more than a cleaning would.

Best wishes,
Shawna

That's true, last time I took my kitty to the vets they suggested tarter-control food to help keep her teeth and gums healthy, it's a lot more expensive but I think she likes it more than the nasty purina I used to give her.

Totally unrelated but interesting info...

Did you know that by flossing once a day you can add 6 years to your life?

I saw it on Oprah so I know it's true.
 

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Feeding your cat Purina is like feeding your kid McD's all their lives.

Get some real cat food.

Royal Canin :p

pr0nstar :D
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Feed your cat more Fiber based food.

with Rice and shit.

My cats get a build up on their skin if I feed them too much proteins. They are on a strict Performatrin, Low Cal, Hairball Formula.

I've heard too many nightmares about the stuff that goes into pet food. So I try my best to get them the best food I can. My cats have been on Performatrin since my Friendly had her first litter nearly 4 years ago.

It's not as tasty as Happy Cat or Cat Chow, but far more nutritional.

And for some reason, the Low Cal. food isn't helping them lose any weight. They just shit a lot. ;)
 

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by pr0nstar
Feeding your cat Purina is like feeding your kid McD's all their lives.

Get some real cat food.

Royal Canin :p

pr0nstar :D

You said it kenny! No purina shit for my kitties...Nothin' but the best for them. And Royal Canin is one of the top cat foods no doubt.
 

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
When I had my kittens, only the best for them.
And they still enjoy Royal Canin.. it's a bit more expensive, but it's not that much in the end.

Plus you'll save on bills at the vet maybe ;)

Same with my fish... they wouldn't eat the shitty food.
I was like.. stupid fish, eat the crap food, it's half the price :p
But they seemed to love Hikari Gold Cichlid food.

pr0nstar :D
 
Top