• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

question: what's with all the punters?

Snapple

TRIBE Member
having been walking around the core a lot the last two/three days and i've noticed an unusually high amount of groups of foreign lads walking around our fair city all decked out in their football uni's. how do i know they're foreign? most of 'em are in the tourist district and i heard them talking.

so what the fuck is up with this tribe know it alls? is there some soccer related sporting event happening in our fair city i'm not aware of? is this just all the lead up to the world cup thingy? random chance?

do tell.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
ya... there is something going on.. my brother is a customs & immigration officer at the airport.. he's been telling me about a whole bunch of european rugby teams coming into town over the weekend.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

oeretS

TRIBE Member
noticed this as well sitting on the bull patio last night - wankers, nutters, scouses everywhere

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
I dunno about footie fans, but the core was littered with far too many Red Sox fans for my liking this week.

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
This means twice as many annoying drunk rowdies around club land this weekend!
It'll be great fun watching interact with the home grown louts coming out of Tonic, Lot et al!:D

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
I see tonnes of people walking around sporting Team Germany jerseys....

And I'm REALLY SURE they're not German....

*makes the Sporty Dan ->shifty<- eyes*

-jM
A&D
*PS: Is Sporty Dan still alive?

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
what gave it away that they were foreign lads:

pasty white skin,
ill fitting XXL Tottenham jersey,
runners with brown ankle socs,
that disintersted look english people have when walking about in one of their "colonies"....

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Snapple said:
i'd like to know how Mr Savage recoined 'punter' - again - do tell.

If memory serves me correct (it rarely does), a punter was the term for when a girl uses a strap-on on a guy. I think there was a vote between punter, pegger, and something else.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
judge wopner said:

pasty white skin,
that disintersted look english people have when walking about in one of their "colonies"....

elementary my dear watson, your powers of deduction are increasing

sherlock.gif

Boo

TRIBE Member
ev said:
ya... there is something going on.. my brother is a customs & immigration officer at the airport.. he's been telling me about a whole bunch of european rugby teams coming into town over the weekend.

there's a rugby match

england and scotland for sure - not sure who else

world cup is soccer - different sport

Used to have a 6 nations rugby match every other week when I was in Dublin and got heaps of tourists coming over for the game. Gave the city even more of a buzz when there was 20,000 rowdy scots in kilts added to the usual mass of drunked Dubs.

And sleeping with visiting female fans is good too - even if they are scousers :)

Canada is a bit far away, so unlikely there will be too many tourists and will prolly only be local groups attending

PS - Toronto has a tourist district?

Boo

TRIBE Member
judge wopner said:

pasty white skin,

lol

but it would be a Man U jersey - or almost invariably considering the time of the year - a white english national jersey - with Beckham on the back.

An average height of about 5"8, a shaved head, tight haircut and a weight of at least 250lbs (mostly in belly), and one gold earing are other signs. The best also have tatoos on their forearms.

If they are drunk by 4pm, singing, and trying to hit on every girl/ fighting with every guy walking down the street - you got yourself an English sports fan.