• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Question regarding Jury Duty...

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
So I've gotten the notice that it is my civil duty to serve as a jury member on May 23rd. The problem is, my wife is having our baby around May 14. This is the first, and they say that you're usually late with the first. So I've tried calling for an exemption, but the number the city of Mississauga gives you is useless, and anytime you try to transfer by pressing zero or one, it disconnects you.

So my next step is to write a letter stating my situation.

Anyone been in a similar situtation?

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Probably, but it's 35 mins away and I'd probably have to take a day off for this. Trying to find out a different way.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
email them and say "my verdict is guilty!! I've made up my mind already."

That should get them to drop you fairly quickly... :p

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Hey guys, I finally got through to someone and told them about their connection problems (like they gave a shit), and spoke to the biggest sourpuss in Mississauga. Need the doc to sign a note saying the baby is due around that time (which I figured) and to fax it to them. They will call back and schedule another date.

Thanks to all those that responded!

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
I've had two of these over the last 10 years and have no showed both times. Doesn't seem to bother them at all...

salad

TRIBE Member
*SiLver*RoBoT* said:
Need the doc to sign a note saying the baby is due around that time (which I figured) and to fax it to them. They will call back and schedule another date.
It is very impressive that they are able to change delivery dates!

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
Galactic Phantom said:
There's less Pauly Shore in this thread that I thought.......

for real!

paulyshore.thumb.jpg

annec

TRIBE Member
I went through the whole deal, of jury duty sign-in, and when I asked for an exemption, (I couldn't do it b/c I was busting out huge and pregnant over 7mos. can't sit long, need to pee lots, etc.), the guy (!) didn't even want to let me off, even though I told him I'd do it gladly any other time after the birth.
What a fucknut! Just get the doctor's note and make sure you keep a copy.
And congrats on your upcoming baby!