• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

question RE: mailing records

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
if I pay for the shipping to send a large record sized (empty) package to someone, and once they receive the package, put the record into the sleeve and just simply reclose the package put "RETURN TO SENDER" on it, would they (the postal service) send it back to me?

I figure this could be an easy way to fix figuring out what shipping charges would be and at the same time save the person who's sending me a record from having to buy a package to seal it up that is mail worthy.

acheron

TRIBE Member
why not just take the record and box to the post office and have it weighed? the box will have a different weight on the way back to you - the P.O. sorting system might screen it out when the barcode goes through.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
you're planning on mailing an empty package to somebody, having them open it, put a record into it, mail it back, just to save them the trouble of buying a sixty cent box?

bad plan.

Yourmamas

TRIBE Member
I have wrapped them in cardboard theat I cut, and sent them, and never had a problem. I think the shipping was 5 bones

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
why not just take the record and box to the post office and have it weighed? the box will have a different weight on the way back to you - the P.O. sorting system might screen it out when the barcode goes through.
so if I sent a crappy record that I didnt want back, and he switched that record with the one I want and then did the Return To Sender bit, since the weight is they same it should technically work?

I know this seems like a lot of work, and its not really about the 60 cent box.
there are a few people in various cities (all within Canada) that have records I want, and want to get a hold of instead of waiting on them to do the work.