• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

question for those that went for Miami for WMC...

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Did you get your cell phone bill yet?

and if so... how much did you get ass raped for? :p

Mine is a cool $1075 :eek:

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

artemis

TRIBE Member
that's like a whole other trip!

worst i ever did was $300 from NYC, which was twice the price of my return airfare hmph

Bean

TRIBE Member
when i went to the states on vacation, before i left, i called my service provider (bell) to see how i could avoid roaming charges. they switched my plan to one that doesn't incur the charges and i was fine. i think it cost me $30, on top of the cost of my regular plan. the only catch was that i had to maintain this plan for a certain time (i think it was one month).

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I went to WMC 3 years ago.

Got a $700 bill when I got back.

Every time we switched "provider areas" I was charged $15.

There's a lot of "provider areas" around there.

Call and bitch and bitch and bitch and they may be able to half it at least.

That's what they did for me.

Big Boss

TRIBE Promoter
$456.80!

But I did use it a lot tho...calling people that were already in Miami...not smart...next year it's all about texting.

swenard

TRIBE Member
When I got married in Vegas last year, I called before going and they switched me to a new plan for one month that gave me 300 minutes of free calling in the U.S. with no roaming charges. I suggest doing the same anytime you go away.It cost me $15 more for the plan for the one month.

D-Rea

TRIBE Member
Yea I went 4 years ago and had a $250 bill....and I only used my phone for a couple times....didn't know about roaming charges at the time

live and learn i guess

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
Last year it was all about txt'ing and it worked fine.

But that's cuz I'm poh and can't risk getting such crazy phone bills.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
most of my bill was roaming.. almost $800.. the rest was my regular plan fee's.. and then long distance... I had 1-2 hour conversations with people back in Toronto everyday..

Big Boss

TRIBE Promoter
ev said:
most of my bill was roaming.. almost $800.. the rest was my regular plan fee's.. and then long distance... I had 1-2 hour conversations with people back in Toronto everyday..

You musta been really high...

tonep

TRIBE Member
i broke my phone on the second day....

but i live in the states too so it would have been nothing anyway

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
It is all about the text messaging......damn...that's crazy.....I went to Jamaica and used my cell phone a ton and didn't get charged like that!

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
I will know the full extent of the damages tomorrow. I must admit, seeing some of the costs posted here makes me feel much better about what I likely spent. You people are loco!

Nonetheless, as hard as I try to control my use, there is just something about being drunk in the middle of the day that turns me into a texting and long distance calling fiend. I should apply for a government grant to study this phenomenon.

GivinUsociety

TRIBE Member
Mine is about $300. Met up with some friends in Miami and both had Blackberrys to pin eachother and didn't cost me a thing. But made calls to Toronto, so I can have Rogers steal money from me and pay A.J Burnett his salary.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
can't you like rent a local pcs phone at the airport or something for a few days?