• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Question for the shoe savvy peeps

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
I bought a pair of Puma's (see pic) on ebay. I'm concerned a bit about the size as my toe on one foot is feelin a little buggered, will they stretch out? They're not too small, but I'm so used to wearing skate shoes that this feels really weird havin shoes actually fit. And if they're not gonna stretch I gotta send them back for a half size bigger, which I don't wana do cuz then I'll have to wait longer for them

help please and thanks!

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
Anything leather will stretch out. If you want it to stretch faster wet the shoe a bit and stuff the tip with paper to put pressure against it.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
I like those shoes, but I don't have any advice.

I haven't read "pour water on it" for a while now

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
Crazlegs said:
Anything leather will stretch out. If you want it to stretch faster wet the shoe a bit and stuff the tip with paper to put pressure against it.
good to know. I hate this! It's only one foot that's bothering me, the other is fine. Stupid one foot bigger than the other :mad:

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
You can also take it to a shoe maker and ask them to put it on a shoe stretcher for you but sometimes they over stretch

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
Crazlegs said:
You can also take it to a shoe maker and ask them to put it on a shoe stretcher for you but sometimes they over stretch
Would never do it. Saw nuff shoes get wrecked that way when I worked at Capezio

starr

TRIBE Member
i've found it's ALWAYS better to go bigger with shoes
worst case scenario is that you get to buy a comfy insole

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I should do that stretching thing with my Pumas. They don't stretch because I don't wear them...I don't wear them because they don't stretch...

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
starr said:
i've found it's ALWAYS better to go bigger with shoes
worst case scenario is that you get to buy a comfy insole
same here and I was supposed to get a 7, not the 6.5 which I'm not impressed about BUT these aren't so bad except for the one fuckin toe. The other foot is perfectly fine. I don't wanna pay any shipping costs and I want the shoes NOW, not next week.

dillemas dillemas

starr

TRIBE Member
if they sent you the wrong size i'd demand they pay for the shipping costs
you shouldn't have to pay for their mistake

littlejon

TRIBE Member
yeah, i found my pumas to be oddly tight after tons of wide skate shoes.
and i got mine on ebay just like you, but i got the size i ordered.

however, a different pair of shoes i bought were sold as a mens 6 and when they arrived they were a chix 6! and i was too lazy to bother with shipping them back and all that 'cause i think i paid like $2 for them.

so there.

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
see, I paid $65 all told, but that's with $20 for shipping. The seller is in Richmond Hill, so it'll cost fairly little to send them back through the courier we use at work and I'm hoping the seller isn't gonna be an ass and will refund shipping costs for me.

eskimo

TRIBE Member
those are really really sweet pumas its a shame you have to send them back....are you going to get another pair from the guy? to bad i dont have any money to buy them off of you.

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
I'm still waiting to hear from the guy and I'll be seriously pissed if he doesn't have these in a 7 cuz even before I got them I asked about being able to exchange for sizes and he said it wouldn't be a problem. If he doesn't have the 7, I'm keeping them and will suffer with the toe issue cuz I like them too much not to.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

eskimo

TRIBE Member
oh yeah you have to keep them regardless those are such mint shoes....love pumas personally, haven't seen those ones around.

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
you cannot stretch a shoe length wise only in the width.
if your toe is hitting the front of the shoe that is no good. it will bother you each time you wear them.

try wearing a thin sock rather than a thick sports sock. sometimes that makes a difference.

but you cannot make any shoe longer....not even if you take it to a shoe repair.
good luck:)

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
PolishPrincess said:
if your toe is hitting the front of the shoe that is no good. it will bother you each time you wear them.

try wearing a thin sock rather than a thick sports sock. sometimes that makes a difference.
My toe isn't squished up right to the toe of the shoe, there's a bit of room, but not as much as there should be. I was thinking it might help if they were wider, thus the stretching. I'd rather try and get the right size than have to care at this point cuz even wearing them for a bit round my office wasn't feelin great.

I thought about the sock thing too, but until it gets to be summer or warm enuf weather that I could wear them with those ankle type sock dealies, sports socks are it.

I'll just have to wait and see what buddy has to say for now.

Eskimo, I haven't seen them anywhere either which is why I jumped on them. They were alos listed at US prices, so they may not be available for retail sale in Canada right now...who knows, but I looooooove them

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Amy_J - My Pumas fit the same way too for the first little while... Now they could not be more comfortable... I wouldnt trade them for the world...

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
MissBlu said:
Amy_J - My Pumas fit the same way too for the first little while... Now they could not be more comfortable... I wouldnt trade them for the world...

gah really? I'm wondering if I should just wear them round my house and shit until tomorrow and decide then.

I'm really concerned that I'll send these back for the 7 and the 7 will be huge and then I'm fucked all over again.

fuck I don't know if I'm ever gonna buy shoes this way again.

yup. nix that...these are goin back, I can't even wear them for 5 minutes without hurtin my toe :mad:

Last edited: