• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Question for the DJ's

Silverback

TRIBE Member
Ortofon's, which ones? Or something else? I've got some 680's right now, but I notice when I'm recording onto the computer, the quality isn't nearly as good as other mp3's I've downloaded that are vinyl rips. I've played around with settings, that didn't do much. So now I'm thinking that better cart's will help.

If you have other suggestions, lemme hear'em!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

G-FrEsH

TRIBE Promoter
How long have you had your needles...
needles could just be worn out..
replace the needles. If youve had them for along time.

DAve....

Silverback

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by G-FrEsH
How long have you had your needles...
needles could just be worn out..
replace the needles. If youve had them for along time.

DAve....
They're only 8 months old these ones, and they're not abused or used like crazy or anything.

organik

TRIBE Member
it's all about the SHURE needles model #M44G. Sound quality is superb!!!

less wear and tear on your records and the best needles for scratching.

:D

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
I've had a pair of silver concordes for about a year and they've been fantastic.

I'd most certainly reccomend them.

Last edited:

sentence

TRIBE Promoter
ortofons are (IMO) way superior to anything stanton has to offer. but they are ridiculously expensive. my vote for best sound for your dollar is the Shure M44G or M447. they're super loud and they rarely skip. they are the needle of choice for Mark Farina as well as a lot of scratch dj's. they cost about half of what the orotonfon nightclub series costs.

Gavin the Bass

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Spinsah
I've had a pair of silver concordes for about a year and they've been fantastic.

I'd most certainly reccomend them.

yup, i'm buying one for my third table in a week or so, very tasty...
good blend of sound quality and traction :)
they have a very round sound, not as crisp as nightclubs, but smoooooot'...

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
Stanton 680HP

The choice of Danny Tenaglia & Louie Vega
High Output voltage excellent for sonic accuracy

Call DJ Depot (905)792-9578

Silverback

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lexicon
The vinyl rips u downloaded might have been 'enhanced' using softwares, might not be the needles?
They're not that old, and overly used. I'd think they'd last a little longer. I also believe it's always kind of been like this, I just never compared my recorded stuff to anything else before. I accepted it at first but it just didn't sound all that good.

Mine are the 680ELII's, not the HP's. So I'm thinking of getting something a little better. Not sure what to get, figured with all the experience hear. I'll get a decent suggestion.

Silverback

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by hardtekfunk
Ortofon Nightclubs.

Get the ones that are the arm hyrid and attach to the headshell.
Two things, the elliptical or spherical? Any any particular reason for the ones that attach to the headsheel instead of the other kind?

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
I love my ortofons. I take them EVERYWHERE.

Yes, they're expensive....but damn, i can ALWAYS depend on them. (which is # 1 in my books!)

It boils down to what you really need them for and whether or not you're willing to splurge for top quality.

@m.

zoo

TRIBE Member
make sure you stay at 0db peak when you input on your computer

normalizing afterwards does nothing

also this may seem obvious but it took me a long time to realize you have to attach a ground to eliminate the shhh noise