• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Question for Telus users

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I have emailed Telus 2 days ago and I tried calling them today to ask them this question, but they seem to be overwhelmed with customer requests, they are really busy.

My question is: is there any way I can block a number from calling me and text messaging me, providing they don't dial *67 or they don't send the text mesage via internet?
Thanks.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
hehehe, he's not a stalker.

then pickup the phone and tell him to fuckoff and never call back.

and if he persists... call him a stalker.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

finary

TRIBE Promoter
i really dont think they can do much

but if your phone can do custom rings per phone number, you could set that number to NO RING or vibrate so it doesnt annoy you as much.. *shrug*

be careful who you give your cell # out to ;)

or pay an extra $10 for a two tier numbering system. have one number forwarded to your real number, and give your 'dynamic' number out to people you dont trust. then if you ever need to change it, change the dynamic number and have the new one point to your static one that you dont give out...

pretty elaborate but hey, sounds like you're in a pickle!

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by finary
pretty elaborate but hey, sounds like you're in a pickle!

OMG!!! imagine actually BEING IN A PICKLE?!

that'd be like... so salty man!

like... wow

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Okay then. I was just asking, because my old-old phone had a feature where I would enter whatever number I didn't want to bother me, I thought that maybe Telus does that now for the clients.

I advised him not to contact me anymore, I guess I was just taking precautions.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by finary
... a pickle!
bun.jpg

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lofty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
Okay then. I was just asking, because my old-old phone had a feature where I would enter whatever number I didn't want to bother me, I thought that maybe Telus does that now for the clients.

My old phone had that option too - it was great - just enter a number and it automatically goes to message.

Doesn't seem like the newer telus phones have that option:mad: .
and looking at the website I don't see an option for it through the telus service.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lofty
My old phone had that option too - it was great - just enter a number and it automatically goes to message.

Doesn't seem like the newer telus phones have that option:mad: .
and looking at the website I don't see an option for it through the telus service.
Same here, that's why I emailed them, but no response. :(

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
It isn't possible to block incoming calls at the switch level.

Telus, or any phone company, has no real control over incoming calls through the network (much like spam on email servers). As someone mentioned, some phones can be programmed to ignore certain numbers, but there aren't many of these models around. In fact, I haven't seen any for a while; and of course this would be ineffective against *67 etc.

If the problem really is pervasive, your only option is to change your number, which they will do for free in cases of harassment.

-jM
A&D