• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

question for people who lived in kingston circa 1996

swilly

TRIBE Member
did any of you used to go to that Urafiki underage drinking club place? do any of you remember listening to max graham there everyweekend?

I was sorting out some tapes of mine and i realized that i had this one from that era and i was like wait a minute max graham in kingston and max graham touring around the world are the same people and we used to listen to him back when he had to play at underage kids clubs

fucking funny

beaker

TRIBE Member
i never went to urafiki. but that and the trasheteria were probably the only places playing electronic music back then.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by beaker
ah right. i think i went there once for a hip hop night. it was weird.

do you guyz remember max graham playing there at all

just wondering???? kinda wierd now that i think about

swilly

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by swilly
do you guyz remember max graham playing there at all

just wondering???? kinda wierd now that i think about

swilly

yeah, algorhythm also used to play in town back then

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
what.jpg

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Re: questions for people who lost their virginity in kingston circa 1996

Originally posted by beaker
was it with mr. tall?
Do you mean Tribe member mr. tall, or a Triber whose member was named mr. tall?

Cheers ... Ian :)

max graham

TRIBE Member
hahah

i remember...the guy who did it was a little crazy...had me down three or four times...once on a long weekend i showed up and they had posted flyers saying "the max graham festival"...i mean really...

i was rather embarassed...all in a "paying your dues" days work

mg

EffinHard

TRIBE Member
last year, the same place was still active, and called "The Bassmint". As a joke we went there on a friday night after some heavy drinking.. We get there at 2:30 and its just super dingy. There are about 3 cougars working the bar, and the dj's are playing hard trance, or acid trance or something REALLY FREAKING LOUD. Coulndnt even chat. The bathrooms were disgusting, with a urinal over flowing. AND THE PLACE JUST OPENED. We left 10 minutes later.

One of Kingstons 2 gay bars closed down, and last night I sawnew signage "Extreme : dance bar" .

Yay. puke.