• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

question for people who have quit smoking

swilly

TRIBE Member
did your throat start to get all scatchy and stuff after you quit?

Mine is always super sore in the morning but i might also think it might be from my car heater or something as well or maybe both
i have only quit for 1 week though as well

well lets here it

swilly
 

quantumize

TRIBE Member
yes



i smoked for 6 years pack and ahalf a day. then i quit cold turkey


then my body began expellign all the phlem. every morning in the shower it was painful and disgusting.

i went to the doctor and he said that my lungs were trying to expel the remaining phlem. but it stopped in about 3 months and that was it


now i don't smoke and i feel great !




q u a n t u m i z e, esquire !
 

TRO

TRIBE Member
not that I know of I'm just past my first month...though I still smoke weed so I don't know if that covers it up...

but swilly good luck on your quest to rid yourself of the evil smoking monkey...you'll feel soooooooo much better...and it's not as hard as people say it is...

-Bill
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

swilly

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: question for people who have quit smoking

Originally posted by quantumize
yes



i smoked for 6 years pack and ahalf a day. then i quit cold turkey


then my body began expellign all the phlem. every morning in the shower it was painful and disgusting.

i went to the doctor and he said that my lungs were trying to expel the remaining phlem. but it stopped in about 3 months and that was it


now i don't smoke and i feel great !




q u a n t u m i z e, esquire !

thing is last time i quit i dont remember getting a sore throat i just got better like my health and everything

I think maybe it is my car heater blowing dry air or dusty air on me
hmmmm
swilly
 

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DJ TRO
not that I know of I'm just past my first month...though I still smoke weed so I don't know if that covers it up...

but swilly good luck on your quest to rid yourself of the evil smoking monkey...you'll feel soooooooo much better...and it's not as hard as people say it is...

-Bill

quitting was easy

but i also gave up drinking as well which might be why i have not found it so hard

swilly
 

swilly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by green_souljah
yup
you will start to notice all kinds of "new" things

:)
hmmm think maybe the reason why i think the car heater is so dry and harsh on my lungs is because before i never noticed because there was a thick layer of cancer goo all over them
hmmm
swilly
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
quitting was easy

but i also gave up drinking as well which might be why i have not found it so hard

swilly


yes


I quit in September, now I can smoke only when I drink, and keep it at that.

This is something I have wanted for years now, and finally can do..

Smoking Addiction=habit + chemical addiction

Break the habit, and the addiction is soon gone as well!
The habit is the more difficult of the two to break IMO.
 

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I havent had a ciggy since New Years at 2am or so.

I'm not saying I've quit till it's been at least 2months though.

12 days and counting! I'm still alive.

I get asthma more often now though, which is a bit weird.
 

TRO

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by swilly
quitting was easy

but i also gave up drinking as well which might be why i have not found it so hard

swilly

say it ain't so...

you mean no more swilly posts about drunk and waking up in some place not remembering shit???:p

just kidding congrats man...

-Bill
 

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Expect your detox phase to last about 6 weeks, this includes bad digestion, chronic coughing as your cilia begin to move again, getting sick (colds), fevers, cold sweats, and puky feelings.

It's all normal.. and don't let it deter you from continuing.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kick

TRIBE Member
when I quit (after 7 years), my throat hurt, I was coughing up shit, and I felt like I was on acid for 2 week.

However..the chronic broncitis disapeared.

Best trick to quit smoking....BABY CARROTS! They satisfy that oral fixation and they're good for ya.

also...OHIP covers hypnotism to quit smoking, which works..untill you go out and get all wacked at a party. Its a good kick start though.
 
Top