• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Question for downloaders

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
If you really like an artist or album do you:

1) Download the album only.
2) Download the album AND buy it.
3) Just buy it.

Also if you do get an album, do you post on Soulseek or any other site to share with others?

I guess I'm from the old school but I'd rather have the original CD in my hands with liner notes and graphics etc. I don't mind dishing out the $$.. cause I consider it a collector's item and something I'll always go back to, instead of some shitty quality MP3 on my hard drive or burn from my friend.

I'm not talking about songs, because if you just want one song from an album, then you're not a fan and you wouldn't buy it anyway, I'm talking about downloading entire albums.

zoo

TRIBE Member
I don't listen to shitty quality mp3s, I listen to high quality mp3s. No human ear can tell the difference between a 320kbps 44.1kHz stereo MP3 and a CD.

And in the past 2 years I have bought 3 cds total, one by a local independent band for $15, the other two for $1 each at the dollar store.

"Retail" CDs are way too expensive for me, I doubt I will ever buy one at regular price ever again.

bboyrds

TRIBE Member
I usually start with downloading. Then if I really like it I'll buy the CD. But usually I just DL and go to a concert and/or buy a tshirt.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
I don't listen to shitty quality mp3s, I listen to high quality mp3s. No human ear can tell the difference between a 320kbps 44.1kHz stereo MP3 and a CD.

And in the past 2 years I have bought 3 cds total, one by a local independent band for $15, the other two for $1 each at the dollar store.

"Retail" CDs are way too expensive for me, I doubt I will ever buy one at regular price ever again.
I'll grab 4-10 records a year, singles,doubles or full on longplayers but that's even pushing it and I def. agree with you on pricing...you REALLY want us, the downloading,net savvy public to purchase you're product, then don't charge 30 dollars+ for a fuckun' MIX CD!...I was pondering buying FULL CYCLE LIVE when hit it hit shelves a few years back and it came out at 29.99!...that was THAT for me...only unless i REALLy need it in my collection will i buy it...that was the case with the YYY's and WILL be the case for madvillain when it hits streets but that's about it.

zoo

TRIBE Member
And:

For being a starving student as I am, I go to an unusually high number of live shows / dj night clubs.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
And:

For being a starving student as I am, I go to an unusually high number of live shows / dj night clubs.
great point...we support our shit THAT way too...in the summer I'm sure I'll be buying a high amount of T-shirts online;)

I can just see that anti-pop shirt now;)

shylock_one

TRIBE Member
I just want to add that if it wasn't for soulseek, I wouldn't have any idea who RJD2 was.

And yes I did buy the album.