• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Question about Victoria Day holiday

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Is Monday a national holiday? I have to work and want to know if I'm getting paid overtime...

thanks.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
It is not a National Holiday, I dont think every province celebrates. I would check. If you are in Ontario, you should be getting overtime.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I'm in Newfoundland, but I just checked our policy book and it says we get it off despite what my boss is telling us.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SJN

TRIBE Member
It is a statutory holiday in Ontario.

Ontario Employment Standard Act says:

Employees who qualify must be paid their regular rate for the hours worked and must be given a day off with public holiday pay no more than three months after the public holiday or, if the employer and employee agree, no more than 12 months after the public holiday. If the employer and employee agree, the employer may instead give an employee public holiday pay for the day plus 1½ times his/her regular rate for each hour worked.

An employee who does not qualify for holiday pay must be paid premium pay for each hour worked

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
remember to grab a bottle out of your two-four this Monday and raise a toast to Queen Victoria.

it's a holiday to celebrate her birthday after all!

except in Quebec where it's another excuse to snub the english by referring to it as a holiday to celebrate the Lower Canada Rebellion of 1837, of course against the british...

Boo

TRIBE Member
Thumpr said:
remember to grab a bottle out of your two-four this Monday and raise a toast to Queen Victoria.

it's a holiday to celebrate her birthday after all!

except in Quebec where it's another excuse to snub the english by referring to it as a holiday to celebrate the Lower Canada Rebellion of 1837, of course against the british...
What a fox...

Why is a dead British Queen's birthday (which the British themselves don't have off) a statutory holiday, yet the day we remember those who fought and died for the freedom of the country is not? (Rememberance day)

You can just tell the French to call someone who cares, and then tell them to flip the coin over and look at their English queen and tell them they should have used better muskets.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories