• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

question about travelling costs...

TRO

TRIBE Member
synopsis:

my Birthday is fast approaching in less then 2 weeks...my girlfriend is getting me something big...don't know what....so not to be outdone by her...I want to get her something huge...

she's wanted to go to cuba for a long ass time...

so I'm thinking to get her a weeks vacation for her and myself to cuba...

the Questions are:

her birthday is in auguest....I would assume that it's retarded cheap that time of year to go....should I plan to go then..or wait a bit...should I book well in advanced or last minute type...

would it be better to go in say..november?

finnally...

how much roughly would it cost for 2 people round trip for one week to a resort...

thanks

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
yeah, Vinder is closer to the real amount, I guess Cuba is considered "off season" in August.
However, you need airfare and accomodation money, tip money, spending money and whatever else money.

5 grand is the min.

emiwee

TRIBE Member
haha at vinder (you're being so awesome and bitchy these last couple of days).

5K to cuba?! where the shit are you people going?

i'm going to the mayan riviera next month to a ridiculously awesome 5 star resort and we're paying $3000 including the taxes (for the both of us). cuba's generally cheaper than that area.

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
If I were you, and especially since you want to go in November, which is super high-season, I'd call a travel agent and offer them $10k, all in, you never know, you might get it.

vinder

TRIBE Member
mr tall said:
If I were you, and especially since you want to go in November, which is super high-season, I'd call a travel agent and offer them $10k, all in, you never know, you might get it.
at least someone is being honest up in this piece

*touches fists*

kuba

TRIBE Member
the correct answer is: dont bother going to cuba in august. who the fuck does that? you want to outdo your gf, fuck cuba. cuba sucks dick. seriously, spend some real coin and take her to the bahamas, or somewhere where your shit won't run for 3 days straight. i've been to cuba 3x and am never going back.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Lovely N Amazin

TRIBE Member
november in cuba is smack dab in the middle of hurricane season. every year without fault, a planeload of shmucks have to be rescued.

i went in august 3 years ago : bought a 4star+ all inclusive for $500 at the last minute. it rained three times for a total of three hours during the week and it was by far my best vacation to cuba.

do it! having travelled loads to the carribean year-round, i still don't understand why people fork over so much for a week of shitty weather during the peak season. shitty being relative, of course ... i guess it's warmer and sunnier than canada. *shrug*

Lovely N Amazin

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
the correct answer is: dont bother going to cuba in august. who the fuck does that? you want to outdo your gf, fuck cuba. cuba sucks dick. seriously, spend some real coin and take her to the bahamas, or somewhere where your shit won't run for 3 days straight. i've been to cuba 3x and am never going back.
cuba is cheap and offers value. where did you stay? the food is not that good but if you stay above 4*+, it's pretty sweet.

i'd love to visit the bahamas, antigua, aruba and those expensive islands someday :)

OTIS

TRIBE Member
kuba said:
the correct answer is: dont bother going to cuba in august. who the fuck does that?
Me.

Edit: Locking yourself in a compound for a week is not 'visiting' a country. There's a reason Castro calls your type "necessary idiots".

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
vinder said:
$5000 at least
Yeah this is crazy. My brother and his girlfriend went there over march break. A generally peak time and I think their 1 week was $800 each inclusive. They were never sick, said the food was fine (except that the cook was always putting ham in things), and drank all the booze they wanted. They said the beaches were great. I'm sure there are better resorts, and better places in the world... but

With 2 side trips and some spending cash I think they came in under $2200 for the whole trip.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders