• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Question about MEAT inside!

Snapper

TRIBE Member
Is there a real difference between AAA Beef and Angus?

Taste wise?

Is one more tender than the other?

Or is it really a matter of personal preference?

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I did a search on this before, but Vinder is right. Angus is not a grade of beef, so you can't really compare them. Angus is AAA, but AAA is not necessarily Angus.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

oh toro

TRIBE Member
A, AA, AAA, prime are gradings used for beef. it's hard to find prime in canadian markets (you'd have to go to specialty butchers) as most prime is shipped out to either japan or usa. canadians are too cheap to buy the best.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Bumbaclat

TRIBE Member
oh toro said:
A, AA, AAA, prime are gradings used for beef. it's hard to find prime in canadian markets (you'd have to go to specialty butchers) as most prime is shipped out to either japan or usa. canadians are too cheap to buy the best.
agreed, the steaks are way better in the US.. even Ruth's Chris and company don't compare.

oh toro

TRIBE Member
Bumbaclat said:
agreed, the steaks are way better in the US.. even Ruth's Chris and company don't compare.
not exactly... it all boils down to using prime grade cuts. ruth's chris uses prime but their method of involving a puddle of butter on a hot plate makes the steak garbage.

check out morton's.

CO2

TRIBE Member
I wonder what the real difference between AAA and AA is. Besides the extra A of course.

If you ask me, i think its mostly all bullshit and just another excuse to charge rich folks who dont know any better more money so they can feel extra special cuz theyre eating a steak that has an extra A in it.

Wow, i wish i could be rich so i could eat an extra A.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
CO2 said:
I wonder what the real difference between AAA and AA is. Besides the extra A of course.

If you ask me, i think its mostly all bullshit and just another excuse to charge rich folks who dont know any better more money so they can feel extra special cuz theyre eating a steak that has an extra A in it.

Wow, i wish i could be rich so i could eat an extra A.
TRUST me there is a difference

I got those as a b-day gift from the lovely Isa (the bandaids).

When I wore one on my finger the guy at the convenience store thought that I had caught the tip of my finger in a machine and he ran to get a box of kleenex 'cause he thought it was a bloddy dripping mess.

Then I had to explain to him that it was a bacon bandaid, and he said "oh, my 6 year old daughter has ones with Dora the Explorer on them" then gave me the cut eye as if I'd tried to trick him on purpose.

bitchass

TRIBE Member
you can usually tell the difference between the ratings when you see them side by side. In Alberta most of the grocery stores sell both AAA and prime cuts.

better fat marbling is the main thing you'll see (the more even its distributed the better the flavor and tenderness, in general)

aging the meat is just as important though - I look for dark red steaks because the light pink ones just don't have the flavor.

Costco's AAA is the best of both worlds because it is aged properly and mechanically tenderized with a needle strip, which some say is 'cheating' but it makes for a great steak.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders