• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

question about Goodlife - St. Clair location

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Is it big? Clean?

I usually go to the Manulife location after work but I'm not going to bother anymore because it's too cramped, and there's no variety of machines, and only 5 treadmills (which are always taken).

So, anyone go to this location that wants to meet up for a nightime workout, say around 7pm?

Lurker

TRIBE Member
It's adequate. Better than the Manulife one.

Like pronstar said, the free weights are lacking but there is a good amount of cardio stuff and weight machines

Paul

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
I heard the location at Union Station is the ultimate GOODLIFE!

(I can relate to your frustration at Manulife...usually all the headsets on the cardio machines are busted as well!!)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Bally's at Bay/Bloor is pretty good, tons of cardio machines, wide variety, great for the skinny guy, like Pron and Vinder ;).

Their free weight area is not bad, gets pretty busy after work. Largest dumbbell is only 85's unfortunately, I think they have three pairs of them. The have a bunch of hammer strength machines as well. More hot chicks workout at this location I find, possibly due to the number of ad agency's in the area, proximity to the rail, etc.

Ballys at Eaton Centre, its a little smaller, more corporate, not as busy I find it, even during peak hours. Lots of cardio equipment for you to choose from. Weight area could be a little bigger. I find it a little busy too. Not very many "big guys" there so getting the weights that I need isn't a problem. Again, they only have one pair of 85's which is a problem for me.

I keep hearing good things about GoodLife at Union Station, a bit out of your way if you ask me. But something to consider as well.

Forgot to mention the Eaton Centre location has a few room for their spin, aerobic classes as well, I think 3 rooms. Whereas the Bay/Bloor location has a ton.

Last edited by a moderator:

xsre

TRIBE Member
I quite enjoy it at St. Clair. I mainly do cardio/classes and free weights (little ones, 5-10lbs), but generally, it's clean (although the reno is taking for bloody ever) and when I go in the afternoons, there's no trouble getting machines.

Yay for Lucinda and hookin' a girl up!

Stan

TRIBE Member
Has anyone been to Diesel Fitness (King & Spadina)? I'm currently working out at a Bally's in Scarborough, but I think I can get a deal at my work for Diesel.

Stan

TRIBE Member
BTW, I heard the nicest clubs are the Sports Clubs of Canada locations at Valleywood and Parkview. Unfortunately, membership is like $70 a month, which is a bit steep.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
You can get a Ballys/Sports Club of Canada membership as well for something over or around $80, good for all locations, I think this includes the Adelaide Club? Not 100% on that point though.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ChrisD
Bally's at Bay/Bloor is pretty good, tons of cardio machines, wide variety, great for the skinny guy, like Pron and Vinder ;).

Their free weight area is not bad, gets pretty busy after work. Largest dumbbell is only 85's unfortunately, I think they have three pairs of them. The have a bunch of hammer strength machines as well. More hot chicks workout at this location I find, possibly due to the number of ad agency's in the area, proximity to the rail, etc.

Ballys at Eaton Centre, its a little smaller, more corporate, not as busy I find it, even during peak hours. Lots of cardio equipment for you to choose from. Weight area could be a little bigger. I find it a little busy too. Not very many "big guys" there so getting the weights that I need isn't a problem. Again, they only have one pair of 85's which is a problem for me.

What he said, except I'm not Mongo so the maximum db I need is 75.

ChrisD, if you are ever in Thornhill, visit Extreme Fitness. DB's go up to 140, tonnes of hammer strength and lots of hot chicks. The only problem is that it's all ages, and no decline bench.

Stan

TRIBE Member
The Sports Club of Canada membership is $72, and includes these locations:

SCC16_1.gif

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
^^^^

Premier out in Scarborough has some heft Mongo weights as well. I think its on Warden, its definitely a Mongo gym. Mongo feels small there.

The building I live in has a weight room, a few cardio machines, etc. As one of the volunteer facility guys who runs it, we made sure we went out and got some pretty big weights up to 200lbs dumbbells. Too bad only a few of us uses them.

Stan

TRIBE Member
^^^^

Premier out in Scarborough has some heft Mongo weights as well. I think its on Warden, its definitely a Mongo gym. Mongo feels small there.

You mean the one at Eglington and Birchmount? I've checked out the one at Kennedy and Ellesmere, and was not impressed. The weight machines were all old and run down. And the locker rooms weren't very clean. They were in the middle of renovations, so it might not have been the best time to go, however.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Mongo feels small there.

At my gym yesterday, a HUGE guy got on the leg press, put a special extension bar on the sides so he could accommodate more plates, and proceeded to put 15 plates on each side. 1,350 lbs total. Used most of the plates in the gym. I've seen him aound and he's friendly, so I asked him "Are you sure you want to do that?". He's all "this is nothing". Crazy!

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
I go to the St Clair Goodlife everyday at lunch to do cardio. I find it rawks. I like the weights, they're ok, but I go for the cardio.

Thanks Luc, changed me life it has!
goooooooo exercise!

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Stan,

I'm thinking another location, they have all rubber weights? Cardio machines upstairs? Its been awhile since Ive taken the trip out there.

I'm sure we have all seen some unbelievably strong people working out. I'm shocked sometimes at some of the lifts Ive seen.
My cousin who used to compete pro bodybuilding used to do 4 45 plates a side for warm-up reps for bench, and 3 45's a side for "Good Mornings" without missing a beat.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
You can get a Ballys/Sports Club of Canada membership as well for something over or around $80, good for all locations, I think this includes the Adelaide Club? Not 100% on that point though.

No... the one near St Clair... forget it's name was ~$1000 more ontop of my corporate rate! :eek:

I wanted it, as it's right by my work, but said fuck that!

pr0nstar :D

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
At my gym yesterday, a HUGE guy got on the leg press, put a special extension bar on the sides so he could accommodate more plates, and proceeded to put 15 plates on each side. 1,350 lbs total. Used most of the plates in the gym. I've seen him aound and he's friendly, so I asked him "Are you sure you want to do that?". He's all "this is nothing". Crazy!

I was up to 9 per side.. i don't think 15 is *that* ridiculous

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo

Gabby that beach volleyball chick.. I saw on a show once, doing 900lbs :eek:

pr0nstar :D

JAR

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DEEPHOUSEGRL
I heard the location at Union Station is the ultimate GOODLIFE!

This is true!! Just ask Joel (sentence). I started at St. Clair, but upgraded to Union. Tons of machines, lots of free weights, benches, etc. High ceilings, lots of light, nice change rooms, etc.
If you have any questions, send a PM to my lovely girlfriend Lucinda, and she can set you up.