• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Question about Artificial Christmas trees.

deveator

TRIBE Member
Yes I'm that bored at work today that I'm searching for Christmas trees online. I'm not sure if I should buy a tree that is prelit or not. While it would save time not having to strand the lights myself, I've heard that if one light goes out a whole section goes out. I also imagine that it is very likely that over the years the wires can get wrecked and not work anymore (as is the case I've experienced with most light strands in the past) The regular tree are also a lot cheaper.

Opinions?

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
We've had ours for 4 years and no issues at all with the lights. Works every time. Just dusted the box off last week.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
They make them now so they come complete with everything... They open up like a giant umbrella - SPROING! - tree, LED lights, and probably decorations even all there... It sure takes the fun out of decorating a tree but it certainly makes putting it away easier...

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member

alexd

Administrator
Staff member

I have a 1960 Noma Aluminum Christmas tree I bought at Goodwill for $5. It is so spaceage it is fucking amazing. It looks like the one pictured above.

I decorate it with hundreds of miniature spinning disco balls on little motors that plug into the light strings. It makes you dizzy just looking at it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deveator

TRIBE Member
Just a heads up for everybody. Sears and Canadian Tire have all their artificial trees on sale this weekend. up to 60% off. The one I have my eye on at CT is on sale for $119 down from $200. Going to check it out after work. I might even put it up tonight if I'm in the mood. :)

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Good to know Devs

I think I may buy an artifical tree this year. The amt of pine needles I'm vaccuming up into springtime drives me nuts. I swear the little buggers hide just to piss me off.

I also need a pre-lit tree. No one should ever have to deal with me when I'm putting the lights on. I get very cranky. Actually the whole process makes me cranky as hell, even though i love it when it's done ;)