• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Queen's Park Subway...

elgsixnine

TRIBE Member
Does anyone know what happened this morning?

I was stuck in the delay and have been listening for something on it all day and haven't heard a thing. One of my co-workers who went through the station once the delay was cleared said there were still a ton of cops hanging around.

Curious mind needs satiating!

omoc

TRIBE Member

i got fucked too this morning and ended up a half hour late..

some guy chillin' outside told me he saw a person jump in front of the subway..

my reply: "FU#C*NG STUPID SH@#H#AD"

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by elgsixnine
Does anyone know what happened this morning?

I was stuck in the delay and have been listening for something on it all day and haven't heard a thing. One of my co-workers who went through the station once the delay was cleared said there were still a ton of cops hanging around.

Curious mind needs satiating!
if the subway was closed and they won't tell you what hte delay is it's because someone jumped. THey never talk about that shit on t.v. or radio because it encourages more people to jump.(or push people)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

elgsixnine

TRIBE Member
Ya, I figured it was a jumper and from what I understand they don't always publish this sort of thing, so I was wondering if anyone was actually there when it happened.

Luckily I was coming across from the East and was able to catch the Spadina streetcar down, so only 15 mins late.

elgsixnine

TRIBE Member
During rush hour too!

I wonder what the stats are for the time of day these suicides happen. If you want to get the most attention gotta do it during rush hour.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
i mena, haven't we all stood right at the edge of the platform as the train rushed towards us and wondered... like standing ont he edge of a cliff... it's got an appeal...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
I wish the TTC code list was floatng around on the net somewhere... I looked a while back but saw nothing....

I head 99 st george all too often.. or i think I do, half the time you cant hear what the fuck they are saying

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

jus me

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by trinitydub
Subway PA Code List
RSEM Electronic Analyzer

RSEM Kipling to Bay

RSEM Yonge to McCowan

RSEM Mechanic - Schedule Maintenance

RSEM Finch to Dundas

RSEM Shop Employee

RSEM Superintendant/Supervisor

RSEM Queen to Downsview

Anyone know what RSEM mean? Respond Emergency perhaps?

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by trinitydub
I'm pretty sure 99 is code for a line mechanic to be dispatched to that station
A line mechanic is the guy who draws the chalk line around the dead body parts, right?

vench

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: Queen's Park Subway...

Originally posted by lucky1

if the subway was closed and they won't tell you what the delay is it's because someone jumped.
that's what I've been told as well.

vench

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Also, there's a jumper apparently almost weekly.

Suicide rate in Toronto is about 9 per 100,000 population annually, so like 225 suicides a year total... 1/4 on the TTC... probably not that high...

Once a month at least, I'd say.

miguel

TRIBE Member
it was indeed a suicide. my brother's girlfriend was on that subway at the time and the driver came around and told everyone to get out.. she had a panicked voice and when my brother's gf asked her what was up she said "someone jumped in front of my car"

sad..

Originally posted by PosTMOd
Also, there's a jumper apparently almost weekly.

Suicide rate in Toronto is about 9 per 100,000 population annually, so like 225 suicides a year total... 1/4 on the TTC... probably not that high...

Once a month at least, I'd say.
There's at least one per week.
They take them to St. Mike's mostly. I have a pal who works there.

trinitydub

TRIBE Member
did anyone see that episode of homicide about subway suicides? or the taxicab confessions documentary that led to that episode?