• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

"QBert" gggrrrrr

xopus

TRIBE Member
okay, so for the past 3 weeks ive been hyped about seeing Qbert play.
I get to system tonight, only to find out that HE CANCELLED. :(
Im so pissed.

Sure, they made it free admission because of this, but what a fucking letdown. I stayed for about 15 minutes before my disapointment took over.
so i went a got drunk for a friends birthday, fun, but NOT QBERT
ggrrrr

enough venting for now
max

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

beatjunkie

TRIBE Member
From SSB........

"I am extremely sorry to announce that due to circumstances the extend way beyond our control, DJ Q Bert will not be performing at System Soundbar tonight.

Empire Productions and System Soundbar recieved word late this afternoon that Q Bert's Canadian dates on his QFO tour have been pushed back until further notice. This coming 5 weeks after returning a signed contract, full deposit and flight share totally in the thousands of dollars. We have been attempting to contact the booking agent who exclusively handles Q Berts tour dates, but neither myself, nor the management at System Soundbar could reach her. We began to realise that Q Bert was not going to show after the 6th time her assistant told us he didn't know where to find Q Bert's itinerary for this portion of his tour. We still have yet to hear from Q Bert's agent.

This disappoints me more than you can imagine simply because we were the last promoters Q Bert played for when he came down for Empire's 4 Year Anniversary. On top of that, we paid him in full UPFRONT including all business clflights, etc. etc., in good faith to build a solid working relationship with Q Berts agent and management company. THERE IS NO WAY THAT EMPIRE PRODUCTIONS OR SYSTEM SOUNDBAR WOULD IN A MANNER ALLOW FOR THIS KIND OF INCOMPETANCE TO HAPPEN IF IT WAS WITHIN OUR CONTROL."

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
This IS NOT a lame excuse in my opinion. Everything at System last night was set up for Q-Bert...extra staff, projection screens on the decks, extra table, the DJ setup/location, etc.

That agent should be fired. Absolutely pathetic that they didn't inform you guys. Very unprofessional.

jus me

TRIBE Member
whoa, a no show huh?
that blows

his website shows no listing for the toronto event last weekend...goes up until jan 29th on his calendar.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
i was really hype'd about checking the mighty qbert last night but fortunately/unfortunately, i found out that he wasn't gonna make it just prior to heading out last night... bummer.

hopefully there will be a make up date in the not too distant future.

d

ian

TRIBE Member
Wow, I have never heard of a DJ not showing for System before. They must be *pissed*.

-ian g.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Who is the agent?
This isn't the first instance I've heard of an agent running off with money in the last little while. (the agent was a her in the other instance I'm thinking of, that's why I'm curious...)

TECHno addict

TRIBE Member
Really a shitty situation System had to deal with lastnight. But in my opinion, they handled it perfectly. I made the trip from Hamilton with my bro lastnight to check out Q-bert (who ive been waiting to see for close to five years) only to find out in line that he had cancelled his Canadian part of the tour. Totally pissed, we thought about just returning to my car and going home. The bouncer informed us of the free cover, and $2.75 drinks, and we figured we'd stick around for a lil bit. Turned out to be a good night, even tho Jungle isnt really my cup of tea. Drank a few cheap MGD's eat some club pretzels, and stayed about halfway through Capital J's frenzy of a set. Man that guy is intense. Scratch and beat juggling techniques laid down flawlessly, i just stood right up front and watched in amazement. I really commend System for turning what couldve been a complete letdown, into somewhat of an interesting night regardless. Cant wait to see when the club is fully renovated to hear Steve Lawler rock the fuck outta the new look club.

xopus

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by --[Zirca]--
...was set up for Q-Bert...extra staff, projection screens on the decks, extra table, the DJ setup/location, etc....

did anyone find it weird that they had an allen and heath mixer? Seems like the most unappropriate mixer to have for a turntablist.

max

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by xopus
did anyone find it weird that they had an allen and heath mixer? Seems like the most unappropriate mixer to have for a turntablist.

max

Qbert always brings his own mixer. I'm sure the A&H was just the club subsititute.

*c*

mondo

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by patri©k
I'm sure airing dirty laundry will bring him back that much faster.

...true. It is premature to state all those things publically when you don't what time it is yet. A contract protects both parties involved. You lose the flight though, unless you had cancellation insurance. And all the promo you guys did. All agents reschedule dates unless there was some shenanigans by one of the parties :D