• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Pyeongchang Winter Olympics - 2018 (without Russia)

Stop Bill C-10

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
I'd say that's too bad for the Men's Hockey event, but without NHL players participating, the excitement around that event will be minimal already.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
I'd say that's too bad for the Men's Hockey event, but without NHL players participating, the excitement around that event will be minimal already.
the khl already said before this that they wouldnt release foreign players to play which is pretty cheap but not odd considering how much putin wants olympic hockey gold. holding sochi was a power move for putin as he fully expected to win the olympic hockey gold in russia and he was willing to pay billions for it. the look on his face when the russians were eliminated was pure gold.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kyfe

TRIBE Member
Putin has already said he will not let Russian players play under the olympic flag. KHL has asked for permission but it likely won't be granted given Putins position.

So no North American players, no Russian and a depleated Finnish Team (jokerit plays in the KHL and has several player who would play for Finland)

Could this be the year Jamaica or China wins Olympic hockey gold j/k

CiG

TRIBE Member
Russians are so scary.With all their drugs.

Ivan_Drago_2.jpg

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
I'm digging the Chloe Kim and Shaun White show. I haven't watched much of the games except for the snowboarding (slopestyle and half-pipe) thus far.

The unfortunate lack of men's hockey with NHL players as the marquee event seems to be having a noticeable impact on interest levels for this year's winter games.