• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Put your S&D posts in here. All others will be deleted.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Needed! 1 S&D Ticket!!

Well, I am kinda in a bind here. Me and my friend each have our tickets, but my brother decided to go at the last minute. We head over to ticketmaster, and tickets are unavailable.

Well, if anyone has an extra ticket, or a friend that dropped out and can't go. Please help!!

:( <---- Please
Karim

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I marvel how 2 such overpaid and overhyped DJs can still generate such excitement.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Yeah, lol, well they are bringing a phazon system, and a fantastic light show over, so it's not only the music but the experience.

:( <--- Still need that ticket
Karim

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
^^^ I third that.

they're like Oakenbfold to me. Sure they had a role in building the scene. But they SUCK now. I'm not dropping 50 bucks on what once was.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

atomic

TRIBE Member
I've never seen them so I would be excited about going.

my working weekend keeps changing, so I may need a ticket myself...

G

Originally posted by basic
But they SUCK now. I'm not dropping 50 bucks on what once was.

and when exactly was the last time you saw either of them play?

I saw diweed last year and technically he is better than pretty much and DJ of any genre I've ever seen play.

noahmintz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~dazed~

and when exactly was the last time you saw either of them play?

I saw diweed last year and technically he is better than pretty much and DJ of any genre I've ever seen play.

I highly doubt he's better than Andy C or DJ Marky

stu

All a matter of taste.

I saw then I think it was in 1997 and was floored at how good they were.

I've seen them separately since then and both on their own, have blown me away. Great mixing and solid track selection. I missed them in 1999 for Canada Day.

It's been about 5 years since I've seen them, and I must honestly tell you I've waited too long.

From the Ministry of hype for some, fan following for others.

Prime Minister Highsteppa

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
The last time I saw Digweed was last year.
Sasha was 3years ago w/ Diggweed.

Their music just gets more and more boring with every passing year.

I guess I just personally don't like the music they put out, but they get so hyped up and it's all I hear about. It's just annoying so it tends to boil my blood. I've had to listen to everyone and their cat say how great they are for the past two weeks...aren't I allowed to say they suck a few times?

G

Originally posted by Disco Stu

I highly doubt he's better than Andy C or DJ Marky

stu

I've seen andy c a couple of times and I'd say he is. Some of diggers mixes were lasting like 4 minutes. I've never seen and jungle dj do that.
but then again it's different genres so it's hard to compare.

G

aren't I allowed to say they suck a few times?

NO! :p

whatevs...... to each their own, but I technically they're skilled. Digweed more so than sasha.

at least point out that it's more specifically prog you don't like ;)

The last time I saw Digweed was last year.
Sasha was 3years ago w/ Diggweed.

Their music just gets more and more boring with every passing year.

I guess I just personally don't like the music they put out, but they get so hyped up and it's all I hear about. It's just annoying so it tends to boil my blood. I've had to listen to everyone and their cat say how great they are for the past two weeks...aren't I allowed to say they suck a few times?

Sure, and I bet you're probably feeling much the same way I was feeling with the Lord of the Rings hype I was being inundated with: constant e-mails, ads, opening it up in just about every single magazine and seeing it everywhere. No doubt it's going to create a backlash.

But, I also realize that people's opinions can be weak sometimes. If you go against the status quo (in this case, the arrival of S & D), there are going to be some of those who will get upset or even feel threatened. I honestly see it being no less stupid than being someone going to a sporting event wearing something other than the home team jersey.

From the Ministry of some people can't take thier opinions being contradicted, which sometimes can give strength to your own. But like a said, it's a matter of opinion. :)

Prime Minister Highsteppa

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
overhyped my ass.
i've seen sasha 5 times and have never ONCE been disappointed.
digweed is brilliant as well. i haven't looked forward to something this much for a while

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~dazed~

Granted... it's been a while since I've heard either of them, but progressive isn't exactly the most difficult music to mix. I'm not superstar mix-master myself, but I have a much easier time mixing, and programming a set of progressive trance than I do almost any genre. That kind of music pretty much mixes itself, it layers easily and effortlessly, and it's hard to make it sound bad, IMO.

That said, I wouldn't mind checking them out. They probably would put on a decent set, especially with their road crew, and it would be a good experience considering all of the great production work that they've done in the past. But there's no way that I'm dishing out $60 for a ticket to see them. They're good, but not that good.

Pete

Jazz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Nesta
i marvel at how peeps keep ripping s & d when they know/understand fuck all about progressive music. :)

Exactly... I'm guessing that none of the people slagging S&D are fans of progressive... which is fine, everyone has their own taste in music... but if you don't like progressive then there is no way you can understand how good S&D are at mixing beautiful, smooth, seamless progressive sets...

I would never go slagging of a big Jungle DJ... I don't listen to Jungle so I'm not in a place to judge them...

Cameron

TRIBE Member
They're not overhyped, they deserve it. I've heard many live sets by both of them, and they're incredible technical djs (Digweed especially). Coupled with the fact that they're bringing their own light show and phazon, they're hardly overpriced.

I marvel how 2 such overpaid and overhyped DJs can still generate such excitement.

:rolleyes:

Oh please.

Everyone who is going tonight, I hate you all!
:p

G

Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
Granted... it's been a while since I've heard either of them, but progressive isn't exactly the most difficult music to mix. I'm not superstar mix-master myself, but I have a much easier time mixing, and programming a set of progressive trance than I do almost any genre. That kind of music pretty much mixes itself, it layers easily and effortlessly, and it's hard to make it sound bad, IMO.

intro's and outro's maybe.....

I myself found jungle was the easiest to mix.

Cameron

TRIBE Member
progressive isn't exactly the most difficult music to mix. I'm not superstar mix-master myself, but I have a much easier time mixing, and programming a set of progressive trance than I do almost any genre.

I completly disagree. I've spun hard edged melodic trance and progressive (spereratly) and I find that hard trance mixes itself, not progressive. The percussion in (some, i.e. good) progressive is much more complicated than trance. Also, I highly doubt that they're going to be spinning on just two decks.

On top of all that I'd bet money that those who are going tonight are going to be hearing some breakbeats, among other genres. 'Mixing progressive' is a very broad idea, it can encompass so many things.

mingster

TRIBE Member
As today progresses and the hour gets later, I feel like I'm sitting on a rollercoaster, waiting for people to board. And for the staff to check if we're all secure. Pretty soon, I'm going to be going up that first hill....

I can't wait to hear the brakes release. I can't wait to feel the rush. That loud, fast noise in my ears, the immense pleasure, how alive I feel. The climax I've been awaiting for weeks on end.

Ming.

G

I don't like the term progressive.

IMO I nicely programmed set would include everything from house, trance, techno to breaks.