• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Put your damn phones and cameras down...

K-Madd

TRIBE Member
why can't we just watch a band/dj or anything anymore without having umpteen photographer hopefuls and phones blocking the stage and my enjoyment. at least at a metal show there's an excuse to knock the prick over.

if your press... great. if you got a lovely canon from mummy and daddy, start with nature photos and get out of the way. if you stick up your vga quality phone you deserve to have it put in a very uncomfortable place. even with a better phone the pic will still look like crap and I defy a person to remember what the pic is two years later. as for video quality the daft punk at cochella speak for themselves......

and thanks for listening.... and let the timeline or newbie comments begin since its my first thread.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

OTIS

TRIBE Member
How about because people like to capture moments that they they enjoy. Is that sufficient?

Caz

TRIBE Member
how can you timeline a complaint? Anyways I kinda agree but you can't really tell people not to photograph an artist they like enough to go see live, especially when the venue allows it. That being said..STFU N00b!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~atp~

TRIBE Member
I think we should just ban cameras! Like, all together! A "photographer's" professions will now involve going to people's homes, removing cameras, film and accessories and burning them on the front lawn at 451 degrees Fahrenheit.

K-Madd

TRIBE Member
maybe they capture the moments they won't remember on the night due to varied circumstances.

and thanks caz, i am no longer an virgin unbashed noob, THE CHERRY HAS BEEN BROKEN, HOORAY!

OTIS

TRIBE Member
You're right, the only reason people take photos at entertainment venues is to compensate for the memory that “circumstances” hinder. The cameras are simply a symptom! I say we change this thread title appropriately to Get rid of circumstances, they do us no good!.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
There are more pictures of me doing things that would prevent a political career than baby pictures. Personally I don't so much mind people with cameras, I get annoyed by people with cameras acting like they are allowed to direct the events to create the best picture. One thing to get a crowd shot with everyone in it, but I hate having to stop conversations every 10 minutes to stand an pose while I'm drinking and partying.

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
Hey Mark... is the wednesday after a long weekend... ahem...cough... cough...

Ok...

this is a retarded rant... so it deserves a retarded response...

BUY SOME STILTS.

thom100

TRIBE Member
fucking photographers.
why don't people paint anymore.
I'd personally like to see court room style sketches of all parties I go to.

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
unless they're sticking their camera in your ears, I don't see how it's going to effect your enjoying the music.

who the hell wants to look at the dj anyway....fuck dj's, they're scum...I say we put them all behind an iron curtain, and show a nice silent movie while they perform for us.

as for bands, what a bunch of spastic tards....I only need to see you flail around for a second or two before I, ugh, think i got it.

Rude1_247

TRIBE Member
Prickly Pete said:
Hey Mark... is the wednesday after a long weekend... ahem...cough... cough...

Ok...

this is a retarded rant... so it deserves a retarded response...

BUY SOME STILTS.

I predict an epic tribe day.

Krzysiu

TRIBE Member
I leave the photography of any artistic merit to nerds like otis and sunny. i like my own line of drunk photos cutting off peoples foreheads or pics of my own feet.

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
SO now everyone with a camera is a "photogrpaher hopeful"? The future of photography is really gonna be shit if that's the case

Hamza

TRIBE Member
we all know that you are not a true photographer until you own:

iPod, iBook, Horn rimmed glasses, big fucking fluffy scarf

and you personally know 3 out of the 7 girls at starbucks because you are a regular fixture there.

Also, you only do weddings for the money until you get a job in your real area of interest, something like natural geographic

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
K-Madd said:
maybe they capture the moments they won't remember on the night due to varied circumstances.

Maybe they are like those people who hideously highlight highlight vast quantities of text in books they are suppossed to read in hopes of maybe reading it some point in the future...