• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Purple Room in Waterloo - March 10th

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
Okay, haven't been to my local stomping grounds in a while, but I'm really glad I made it out this evening!

Sylent Syd (the new purple room resident) started off the evening. I missed him because I arrived late, but I have heard him spin about 1000 times now and never get tired of him, he is one of the most diverse and dedicated DJs I have ever heard, period! Natural skills, great ear for tracks, and flawless mixes, this guy has it all, Tribers, do yourself a favour and look into this guy's work.

Next, I stepped into the spot with Jessie Wilde throwing down (happy b-day set!) She was playing a really wide array of tracks in her set from straight up house, to progessive, to breakbeat action, she touched on a lot of material in a very cohesive and crowd pleasing set! Great work!

Finally, Reckless Girl brought down the house with her signature crowd pleasing, diverse blend of house music, I was really surprized at some of the edgier tracks she was dropping later in the set, very nice. Definitely one of my favorite DJs.

Good night all around, and good luck to Andy and C who have both moved on to different pursuits in their lives, see you both soon in different area codes soon!

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
case sensitive said:
Sylent Syd (the new purple room resident) started off the evening. I missed him because I arrived late, but I have heard him spin about 1000 times now and never get tired of him, he is one of the most diverse and dedicated DJs I have ever heard, period! Natural skills, great ear for tracks, and flawless mixes, this guy has it all, Tribers, do yourself a favour and look into this guy's work.
That needs to be re-quoted. Ryan is a very skilled man.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Great to see this thread... I have heard some of the best sets come out of the purple room, and have had many memorable nights there...

Ryan is a VERY skilled DJ, his track selection is on point, and he is known for pulling out some wicked tracks...

I am looking forward to many more nights in the Purple Room.

ginsu

TRIBE Member
Just a general question to Case Sensitive: How busy is Purple Room (if at all)? I was a Laurier student and went there all the time and it really started falling off (attendance wise) during my last year there. I could say the same for the Rev which was packed early in my WLU carreer but dead near the end. I almost went up there a while ago to see Jelo, I wish I went...the memories!

I think I'd feel ancient there too with all the young 'uns.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Sylent Syd

TRIBE Member
Wow, thanx to all for the kind endorsements - Really, really nice t'hear...:eek:

The night really did belong to the ladies, however: Jessie and Ola both made immense impressions with their solid house sets and made sure the P-Room crowd wasn't goin' anywhere.

Few pics from Friday:

Reckless Girl and Jessie Wilde

ginsu - the Purple Room has been going through a renaissance of late. It's pretty consistently packed every Friday and it's even been re-opened for the Saturday nights as well. Hope u can make it down sometime. :cool: technics1200

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
ryan is a stand up guy i will play again for him anytime, always credible and respectable, always in the know

good for ole chap!

gk

bblutoo

TRIBE Member
wow, sounds good to me. i haven't been to the p-room in..(too long to mention). next time i'm in town i'll definitely venture a listen

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sylent Syd

TRIBE Member
bblutoo said:
wow, sounds good to me. i haven't been to the p-room in..(too long to mention). next time i'm in town i'll definitely venture a listen
wikkid...for future reference, the weekly rotation is 1st 'n' 3rd Friday - trance, 2nd - house, 4th - techno (Fine Grind) and 5th (if there is one) breaks/house.

Fine Grind also does house bi-weekly on the Saturdays too. :)

ALEKSANDRA

TRIBE Member
I love playing or just partying at the Purple Room! The crowd is always so much fun and you're bound to run into people you know!
It was a slammin night indeed! Can't wait for more Purple Room Madness! :D