• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Puerto Vallarta

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
Anyone ever been?
got any reviews or hotels to suggest?
Is the nightlife good?

just over a month and im there!!!!!

Kinger

TRIBE Member
junglegirl said:
Anyone ever been?
got any reviews or hotels to suggest?
Is the nightlife good?

just over a month and im there!!!!!
I went a year ago with some ripper I met a month earlier at Seductions. She was from Quebec and didn't speak very good english. I had a GREAT time !!!!!!

She won so many bottles of tequila in the wet t-shirt contests that we couldn't even bring them all across the border. Good times.

joey

TRIBE Member
make friends with the bartenders the first night (big tip) and ask them about local spots....

Kinger

TRIBE Member
junglegirl said:
well was it a good time cuz you were with a ripper?
where did you stay?
I think the place was called the Qualton Club. There were actually a lot of Mexicans staying there. To the people who live in Mexico City it's like going to the cottage for a week.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

miller

TRIBE Member
i went but stayed in "nuevo vallarata" where i had to take a cab or a 40 minute bus ride into the city....

the city is sweeeet! especially the old part...really an old fishing village. very quaint

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I went with my family many years ago. The beaches were not that great IMO, but whatever resort we stayed at was very nice.

My best friend is leaving for there this weekend. Apparently it's a hot spot for teh gheys.

queen naeema

TRIBE Member
pv

i always stay at the mayan palace nuevo vallarta outside the city; amazing resort with crazy long pool, real nice rooms and all that. love it there.
http://www.mayanpalace.com/nuevo/

nightlife is ok nothing amazing but i havent been in a few years so maybe there are some new spots. out of all the touristy type places on the malecon i think the best one is the zoo - watch out for midwestern frat boys though.

there are a few nice bars a few streets back from the malecon where mexicans actually hang out and the drinks are 1/3 of the price. cant remember any names but if you ask around i'm sure you can find them, the town isnt that big.

theres a big dance club in the eastern part of the town where you can score really cheap coke and whatever else you like (or so i hear), once again cant remember the name.

other things to check out:

le kliff
http://www.lekliff.com/eng/

punta de mita (in nayarit, about 40 mins drive from pv) - the beaches arent all that in pv but the beaches here are super nice. lots of little restaurants right on the beach so you can sit and eat lobster with your feet in the sand, digest, then walk 20 feet and float in the ocean.
http://www.puntamita.com/

dig this

TRIBE Member
Kinger said:
I went a year ago with some ripper I met a month earlier at Seductions. She was from Quebec and didn't speak very good english. I had a GREAT time !!!!!!

She won so many bottles of tequila in the wet t-shirt contests that we couldn't even bring them all across the border. Good times.

damn.... liv'n the dream!!:D

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Kinger said:

outstanding
ha ha ha ha ha ha

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

unkl

TRIBE Member
the mayan palace in nuevo vallarta is where i have usually stayed, its a bit out of the way but the place is beautiful. really nice bar, and the pool is huge. if youtake the bus into town its like 10- 20 peoses i think. the mayan palce in the marina is sweet as well.
the zoo bar in puerto vallarta is tons of fun.
whale watching north of nuevo was a blast, tiny boat + huge whales= adreniline rush.

ila

TRIBE Member
I just got back yesterday and I was there two months ago aswell.

The nightlife is totally fun and not because the clubs are anything spectacular, but because the people are amazing. There are like 3 places along the Malecon that you should check out..Carlos O'Brian's where these two little amazing breaker kids work, Zoo and Hilo. They're like 20 seconds away from one another, so if one sucks you can just hit the next. There's a wet t-shirt contest at Carlos O'Brian's on Wednesdays that usually involves into a full on strip show. Don't miss that.

There's also a Senor Frog's like there is in every other city in Mexico. It's alright...about a 10 minute walk from The Malecon across the river. They have foam parties on Tuesday nights that are okay. It's worth checking out for sure.

The bigger clubs are Christine and Collage, which are closer to the airport. Christine is the best on Thursdays when most of the locals hit it. To really get a feel for what's going to be good on any particular night, you have to talk to the locals though.

If you want cheaper drinks for sure head closer to the hills to the smaller bars behind the Malecon. Cheap food is a plenty, don't be afraid to eat off the street vendors because they often have the best stuff. There's a wicked little all you can eat vegetarian buffet just behind the Our Lady of Guadeloupe church . It's like 650 pesos, or $6.50 American for some of the best food I've ever had and the stuff changes every day. It's all locals and hippies. Pretty fun.

The best beach I could find was Los Arcos, across the river from the Malecon.

I stayed at The Sheraton which was great because it was within walking distance of downtown. Don't bother with cabs anywhere. The bus service is fantastic. I was paying like 4.5 pesos, or 45 cents to get across town every day.

When I go back, I'm going to stay at The Buenaventura in town. The pool and all that is nothing spectacular, but it's cheap, clean and right in the centre of things.

Buy your excursions from the guys on the street, but ask around first to get a feeling for the prices. The people at your hotel will try to rip you off for these. The El Eden canopy tour across zip lines on the Predator Set in the mountains is good stuff.

Anyway, try to get a hotel close to downtown and fuck the all-inclusive stuff and just eat around at different restaurants in the area. Skip everywhere on The Malecon though.